Chickpea/sesame cracker recipie please

lulu.., Dec 12, 4:10am
think these crackers are made using chickpea flour with sesame seeds on top. they are very crunchy and would love to make some. can anyone help with recipie please.

baalamb, Dec 12, 6:14pm
My daughter made these and said they were very tasty - I haven't tried them myself yet.

Cheesy Animal Crackers
(makes about 35)
adapted from the Sneaky Chef

1/3 c. chickpea puree - drain can of chickpeas and puree in food processor with 2-4 T. water until smooth - 1 can of chickpeas/garbonzo beans makes quadruple batch

1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 T. grated parmesean cheese
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. paprika
1/3 c. flour
Small animal shaped cookie cutters

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine chickpea puree with cheeses, oil, salt, onion powder and paprika.Add flour blend and mix until well blended.If dough is too crumbly, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time, until it holds together.Remove teh mixture from the bowl and shape into a flattened ball using your hands.

Wrap in parchment or plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to one day).

Let the dough soften slightly at room temperature and then roll small batches of it out onto a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin until about 1/16 inch thin (that is thin).Cut out fun shapes using cookie cutters or cut into small squares. Place on prepared cookie sheets and lightly spray with the top sides of the crackers with oil.

Bake until golden brown on the edges, about 10-12 minutes, peeking in the oven occasionally to make sure that they are not burning.I found that turning the oven to broil for the last minute or so, helped the tops of the crackers to become more crispy.Transfer crackers to a rack to cool.

akl439, Dec 12, 9:15pm
Here's a link to a recipe I was going to try from The Chef and the Cook (Maggie Beer) - sounds great and I guess you could just sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s2423866.htm