Russell Hobbs Slow Cooker Question

fifie, Mar 7, 11:51pm
Anyone with a R/H slow cooker, can they tell me is there meant to be a gap on one side when the lid is on? Have just got this as a replacement as my other one the knob split in 1/2 after 4 uses, so took it back to briscoes and got a new one. Today have filled it up with my apricot and pepper chutney to make and to me the heat is escaping as lid dosen't fit properly.Will see how it cooks the vegs in it i guess, think i'll go back to my trusty old crockpot lol..

pheebs1, Mar 8, 12:03am
mine always has a little gap where the steam comes up and makes a wee water film the whole way round. if it continues to not seal put a sheet of foil under the lid and large enough to come over the sides a little way. you wont be able to see through it to check but it will keep it sealed

fifie, Mar 8, 2:09am
Thanks for that i can use foil but think for what we pay for these things it should be better fitting and seal. maybe its just this brand, will see how chutney goes if vegs arn't cooked in the spec time i'll know theres a problem and it will be going back again....

thumbelina22, May 30, 5:55am
I have two (one I inherited) one is as you describe and the other has a good seal

gardie, May 30, 7:45am
The old crockpots seem to seal well.The new slow cookers have big gaps - I dislike my new slow cooker intensely - it doesn't cook slow enough for me.

calista, May 30, 6:31pm
Yep, my Russell Hobb slow cooker is like that.I wish I hadn't ruined the Breville, And the temp seems high for a slow cooker.

blyme_jerv, May 30, 10:48pm
some have high, low and auto settings

gardie, May 31, 7:45am
The old crockpots seem to seal well.The new slow cookers have big gaps - I dislike my new slow cooker intensely - it doesn't cook slow enough for me.

calista, May 31, 6:31pm
Yep, my Russell Hobb slow cooker is like that.I wish I hadn't ruined the Breville, And the temp seems high for a slow cooker.

fifie, Mar 7, 11:51pm
Anyone with a R/H slow cooker, can they tell me is there meant to be a gap on one side when the lid is on! Have just got this as a replacement as my other one the knob split in 1/2 after 4 uses, so took it back to briscoes and got a new one. Today have filled it up with my apricot and pepper chutney to make and to me the heat is escaping as lid dosen't fit properly.Will see how it cooks the vegs in it i guess, think i'll go back to my trusty old crockpot lol.

fifie, Mar 8, 2:09am
Thanks for that i can use foil but think for what we pay for these things it should be better fitting and seal. maybe its just this brand, will see how chutney goes if vegs arn't cooked in the spec time i'll know theres a problem and it will be going back again.