Slow Cooker Query....

Page 2 / 2
sherralynne, Mar 13, 3:20am
One of our slow cooker "bibles" is Joan Bishop's recipe book, which has cooking times for both slow cookers and crockpots.There's a new edition (2010) in the bookshops and is well worth investing in.We have a small (3.5 litre) slow cooker and an "original" Sunbeam (it's over 20 years old now) crockpot and there are just two of us.Enjoy your slow cooker, they are a terrific appliance.

macandrosie, Mar 13, 8:41am
Just to be a pain I have a 3.5 litre round one & a 6 litre oval one! Both have their uses. The biggest hassle is finding cupboards to store them when not in use. I use the smaller one for casseroles, mince etc & the bigger one- if I'm in a real hurry I will take a frozen chicken out of the freezer, cut off the wrapper & put it straight into the large oval cooker(no water). Turn on high & within about 7-8 hours the chicken is cooked to perfection! Great! I love mine & I would have to say even though there is only 3 of us at home these days I find the oval one more versatile. Have bought my kids them for their flats. I think you need to sart a casserole in the morning, better & slow & long than starting at midday.