Meat Loaf, Slow Cooker Please.

workingman1, Mar 5, 9:41pm
Has anyone got a recipe for Meat Loaf in the slow cooker please.

Have looked on the left & none come up for Meat Loaf.
Thanks

ubuthebirman, Mar 6, 12:00am
Alison Holst Meat Loaf.
500gms minced beef.
1 x 30g pkt mushroom or onion soup mix.
3/4 rolled oats, fine or coarse.
1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic or celery sale, 1/4 cup tomato sause,
1/2 tsp dried herbs, 1 large egg, 1/4 cup milk , 1 large grated carrot.
Put slow cooker onto Low, spray with non-stick spray. tear off a strip of baking paper, line the bowl if wish, or I just use my large loaf tin, sitting on a saucer.
put all ingredients into large mixing bowl. mix well. with wet hands shape into loaf style or put into loaf tin. If you want a browner loaf, brush with soya sauce on top. Cook on low for at least 5hrs, or longer. Lift out of cooker, cut with serrated knife.

Family Meat loaf (serves 6)(Easy!)

2 beaten eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 2/3 cup fine b/crumbs, 2 Tbls grated onion. 1 tsp sage. 1 tsp mixed herbs, 750gms minced beef.
Sauce, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 2 Tbls brown sugar, 1 tsp dry mustard, 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
Combine milk with eggs, b/crumbs, salt , sage meat & onion. Mix well & shape meatloaf to fit bottom of slow cooker.Spray.Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl, pour over meat, cover & cook on High for 20 mins. Slice & serve loaf while hot.

ruth2bears, Mar 6, 4:23am
I make the Alison Holst recipe as above, sometimes I add grated courgette as well (good way to sneak in some extra greens!) ... the whole family love it and fight over leftovers - which there rarely are!

nzhel, Mar 6, 11:16am
I sit my meatloaf on a thick bed of sliced potatoes, pumpkin, carrots etc in the bottom of the crockpot. The vegies slowly cook in the loaf juices and are very tasty. Its another way to 'sneak in' a few more vegies and in our house done this way they are really 'gobbled up very quickly!

ruth2bears, Mar 7, 4:23am
I make the Alison Holst recipe as above, sometimes I add grated courgette as well (good way to sneak in some extra greens!) . the whole family love it and fight over leftovers - which there rarely are!

nzhel, Mar 7, 11:16am
I sit my meatloaf on a thick bed of sliced potatoes, pumpkin, carrots etc in the bottom of the crockpot. The vegies slowly cook in the loaf juices and are very tasty. Its another way to 'sneak in' a few more vegies and in our house done this way they are really 'gobbled up very quickly!