What can I do with silverbeet

Page 2 / 2
tigga212, Mar 6, 9:15pm
a family member puts it in Quiche

peterlap1, Mar 6, 9:56pm
My wife does a super thingy with snitzel.She simmers the silverbeet, squeezes all the water out of it, adds lightly toasted pine nuts and grated tasty cheese. She spreads it on the snitzel, rolls up and secures, browns in a little oil on a pan and gently frys until tender.It's very nice.

doree36, Mar 6, 11:44pm
as an old Far North Doctor said many years agol - "Feed to the pigs and eat the Pork" My sentiments exactly - my husband loves it -yuk to me.

doree36, Mar 6, 11:46pm
oops!

artemis, Mar 6, 11:54pm
If you can't get through all of it, cook it lightly, chop finely, drain well, freeze in icecube trays or small containers, pop out and add to any mince dish. Or any other dish it would suit, some soups, casseroles, etc . Especially good for kids who are not great with veges.

daleaway, Mar 7, 3:27am
Spanakopita.
You replace spinach with silverbeet.
You can also replace filo pastry with flaky pastry or reduced-fat pastry.

See eg http://greekfood.about.com/od/pansizedpies/r/Spinach-Pie-With-Feta-Spanakopita.htm

uli, Mar 7, 8:30am
NZ House and Garden - Silverbeet recipes:

http://www.nzhouseandgarden.co.nz/Articles/SilverbeetRecipes.asp

lythande1, Mar 7, 5:18pm
I add a layer to lasagna sometimes.
The green part that is.

And I do a schnitzel recipe, layer of it on the meat, then fill with chopped mushroom, roll up and bake in tomato, basil and onion in oven. Sprinkle with a bit of cheese at the end to serve.

I'm not overly fond of it but in things I don't mind, and the water does make excellent gravy.

mudguts1, Mar 7, 8:39pm
heaped pudding plate of silver beet with three poached eggs on top-yum!

illusion_, Mar 7, 10:04pm
yep , or
½ a burger bun toasted, a good amount of saute'd (in a pan w/a tsp butter) silverbeet, 2 rashers of bacon, runny poached egg (cut so the yolk runs over it) . Breakfast.

uli, Mar 8, 6:13am
I do that all the time LOL :)
I feed all extra courgettes, cucumbers, pumpkins, and especially chokos to the kunes LOL :)

uli, Mar 8, 6:14am
P.S.: The silverbeet goes to the chooks though!