Foolproof, easy to make chocolate mousse?

basenjibabe, Mar 4, 5:44am
Does anyone have a recipe for a yummy chocolate mousse? We're having a BBQ tomorrow and i want to impress with desserts so am making Pavlova, tropical slice and thought a chocolate mousse would be nice as well.

kirinesha, Mar 4, 5:49am
This is my favourite - very easy and always works: (have made probably 12 times with no issues at all)

Chocolate Pots from Nigella Lawson
(Makes 8 1/4-cup pots or cups)

6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (best-quality - minimum 70 percent cocoa solids)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 egg
8 pots or tea cups (1/4 cup) - I use pretty little 1/2 cups and saucers

Crush the chocolate to smithereens in the food processor. Heat the cream and milk until just about boiling, then add the vanilla and allspice and pour through the funnel over the chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds. Process for 30 seconds, then crack the egg down the funnel and process for 45 seconds.

Pour into whatever little cups you're serving in, and sit them in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight. But remember to take them out of the refrigerator a good 20 minutes before you want them to be eaten; the chill interferes with their luscious, silky richness.

Note: This makes 2 cups altogether: enough to fill 8 little pots of approximately 1/4 cup capacity. But if you've got only bigger cups, just augment quantities.

Note: I usually add some chilli powder for a bit of zing but for strangers you may wish to play it safe.

pickles7, Mar 4, 5:56am
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
This is very nice, and avocado is so good for us.
1/2 cup sugar or honey
1/2 cup warm water
2 medium sized avocados
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
Put all ingredients in a food processor & process to combine
refrigerate until required.

basenjibabe, Mar 4, 5:57am
What do you use for heavy cream? and do you think it would be ok just left in a large bowl? And whole milk is just blue top?

kirinesha, Mar 4, 6:11am
Just use ordinary cream, that's what they call heavy cream in the UK. And yes, blue top. This is very rich so the portions are small.

You'd need to leave to set longer in a large bowl, should work though. You may wish to increase the amount you make though as people will over serve themselves, not realizing how rich it is.

tazmin78, Mar 4, 8:29am
OMG OMG OMG! try Nigella's Easy Chocolate Mousse (http://www.nigella.com/recipe-
s/view/instant-chocolate-mouss-
e-4 - I made it for friends last week and they ABSOLUTELY loved it! Iit took less than 30mins TOTAL!! sooooooooooooooo YUMMY tooo :)

lindylambchops1, Mar 4, 8:31am
Try this recipe by Fisher.I made it.It was delicious.More like a mousse than a sorbet to me.
Chocolate Sorbet
On you stove top, boil 300ml of milk.
Place in blender. 500g of chocolate buttons... 1 raw egg.. 2 tbsp white sugar.. 2 nips of your favourite dark alcohol (brandy whiskey rum bourbon)..
Set the blender to low speed, pour the boiled milk in slowly and blend till it JUST turns smooth.. The hot milk will melt the chocolate..
Pour this into your desert serving bowls/dish and place a sprig of mint to one side and put in the fridge to set for about 30 mins..
Serve with knob of whipped cream on top....

fisher (573 )

ribzuba, Mar 4, 8:36am
500ml cream
250g dark choclate
melt chocolate, gently whip cream, fold cream into chocolate...easy and delicious!

deus701, Mar 4, 9:06am
This is awesome.

Serves 6-8

230ml water
270g best quality bitter chocolate*

You will need a hand held electric whisk or chefs balloon whisk for this

Measure the water carefully - quantitites are critical in this recipe. (Measure to the250ml mark then take out 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of water).Break up the chocolate into squares, put it in a saucepan with the water and put it over a low heat, stirring occasionally until it has melted.

Meanwhile get two bowls, one slightly smaller than the other. Put some cold water and ice cubes in the larger one then place the smaller one inside it. Have your whisk ready.

When the chocolate has melted pour it into the smaller bowl and start to beat it on the highest setting of your whisk or energetically by hand. After a few minutes (about 2-3) it will thicken and begin to go like whipped cream. Your beaters should leave a slight trail in the chocolate but it shouldn’t be stiff.

Take the small bowl out of the big bowl and spoon the ‘mousse’ into small coffee cups or glasses. (That might sound mean but it is unbelievably rich!) If you do overbeat it simply tip the chocolate back into the bowl over the hot water, melt it and start again.

kirinesha, Mar 5, 5:01am
Basenjibabe - which recipe did you choose and how did it turn out?

basenjibabe, Mar 5, 5:44am
Does anyone have a recipe for a yummy chocolate mousse! We're having a BBQ tomorrow and i want to impress with desserts so am making Pavlova, tropical slice and thought a chocolate mousse would be nice as well.

kirinesha, Mar 5, 5:49am
This is my favourite - very easy and always works: (have made probably 12 times with no issues at all)

Chocolate Pots from Nigella Lawson
(Makes 8 1/4-cup pots or cups)

6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (best-quality - minimum 70 percent cocoa solids)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 egg
8 pots or tea cups (1/4 cup) - I use pretty little 1/2 cups and saucers

Crush the chocolate to smithereens in the food processor. Heat the cream and milk until just about boiling, then add the vanilla and allspice and pour through the funnel over the chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds. Process for 30 seconds, then crack the egg down the funnel and process for 45 seconds.

Pour into whatever little cups you're serving in, and sit them in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight. But remember to take them out of the refrigerator a good 20 minutes before you want them to be eaten; the chill interferes with their luscious, silky richness.

Note: This makes 2 cups altogether: enough to fill 8 little pots of approximately 1/4 cup capacity. But if you've got only bigger cups, just augment quantities.

Note: I usually add some chilli powder for a bit of zing but for strangers you may wish to play it safe.

basenjibabe, Mar 5, 5:57am
What do you use for heavy cream! and do you think it would be ok just left in a large bowl! And whole milk is just blue top!

kirinesha, Mar 5, 6:11am
Just use ordinary cream, that's what they call heavy cream in the UK. And yes, blue top. This is very rich so the portions are small.

You'd need to leave to set longer in a large bowl, should work though. You may wish to increase the amount you make though as people will over serve themselves, not realizing how rich it is.

tazmin78, Mar 5, 8:29am
OMG OMG OMG! try Nigella's Easy Chocolate Mousse (http://www.nigella.com/recipe-
s/view/instant-chocolate-mouss-
e-4 - I made it for friends last week and they ABSOLUTELY loved it! Iit took less than 30mins TOTAL! sooooooooooooooo YUMMY tooo :)

lindylambchops1, Mar 5, 8:31am
Try this recipe by Fisher.I made it.It was delicious.More like a mousse than a sorbet to me.
Chocolate Sorbet
On you stove top, boil 300ml of milk.
Place in blender. 500g of chocolate buttons. 1 raw egg. 2 tbsp white sugar. 2 nips of your favourite dark alcohol (brandy whiskey rum bourbon).
Set the blender to low speed, pour the boiled milk in slowly and blend till it JUST turns smooth. The hot milk will melt the chocolate.
Pour this into your desert serving bowls/dish and place a sprig of mint to one side and put in the fridge to set for about 30 mins.
Serve with knob of whipped cream on top.

fisher (573 )

ribzuba, Mar 5, 8:36am
500ml cream
250g dark choclate
melt chocolate, gently whip cream, fold cream into chocolate.easy and delicious!

kirinesha, Mar 6, 5:01am
Basenjibabe - which recipe did you choose and how did it turn out!

bev00, Feb 13, 11:26am
In a microwave,
melt
50g of butter
250g dark chocolate chips
6-8 pieces of favourite chocolate - if you want a coffee flavour etc
150 g marshmellows (no more)
4 tablespoons of boiling water

Beat 300ml of cream until firm.
Fold into melted chocolate mix
Put into glass bowl. Put into fridge of a bit. Yummmm

Quoteneon2k (257 )8:14 pm, Tue 7 Feb #2

This one is quite a nice one. Don't let the colour fool you, it's quite rich!
http://culinarylove.weebly.com/chocolate-mousse.html

Quoteelsha00 (237

kiwitel, Feb 13, 6:34pm

bev00, Mar 4, 11:36am
chocolate mousse to die for .