Has anyone made pesto with coriander or parsley?

mumstu, Feb 28, 8:01pm
Just wondered if anyone has made a pesto with coriander or parsley and how did it taste? have Googled a couple of recipes but would love to know how successful it is before having a go at making.

ribzuba, Feb 28, 9:25pm
yes, i just use the same basic recipe as for a normal basil pesto.i love making a coriander and mint one to go with lamb and using cashews instead of pine nuts!

ant_sonja, Feb 28, 9:28pm
Yep - same concept as for basil pesto but you can use parsley and other 'soft' herbs to change it up a bit - no set rules really :-)

mumstu, Feb 28, 10:42pm
yum, sounds good, will give it a try. Thanks

geldof, Feb 28, 11:37pm
As above, any combos that you like will work. vary the herbs, spinach, nuts and even cheese.
I tried using some curly parsley, it tasted good but the texture was tough and grainy.
Wont do it again.flat leaf works well though.

fisher, Feb 28, 11:47pm
Coriander and Lime Pesto
1 cup packed fresh coriander sprigs, washed and dried1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves, washed and dried1/4 cup walnuts, toasted brown and cooled.1/3 cup olive oil3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan1/4 tsp freshly grated lime zest.Place all ingredients in blender and blend until very finely chopped and paste forms...

2halls, Mar 1, 12:41am
Yes to both:parsley and walnut,and coriander and cashews (definitely no parmesan cheese with the coriander).Very nice :-)

iriegirl, Mar 1, 1:03am
May I suggest coriander with hazlenuts its yummy!

taurus2005, Mar 1, 1:20am
Coriander,garlic, green chilli, salt, lemon juice.Yum.

monkey_room, Mar 1, 8:48am
I have made pesto out of any green leafy stuff including dandelion and celery! Just add the garlic oil salt and whatever you have. Its a good way to make a few leaves go a long way.

mumstu, Mar 1, 8:01pm
Just wondered if anyone has made a pesto with coriander or parsley and how did it taste! have Googled a couple of recipes but would love to know how successful it is before having a go at making.

ant_sonja, Mar 1, 9:28pm
Yep - same concept as for basil pesto but you can use parsley and other 'soft' herbs to change it up a bit - no set rules really :-)

fisher, Mar 1, 11:47pm
Coriander and Lime Pesto
1 cup packed fresh coriander sprigs, washed and dried1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves, washed and dried1/4 cup walnuts, toasted brown and cooled.1/3 cup olive oil3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan1/4 tsp freshly grated lime zest.Place all ingredients in blender and blend until very finely chopped and paste forms.

mumstu, Mar 2, 4:00am
These all sound yummy!!!

mumstu, Mar 3, 4:00am
These all sound yummy!