How much would you pay for bacon and eggs

Page 2 / 7
kay141, Feb 23, 7:12am
It happens a lot with certain posters. Must push their bandwagons regardless.
When you get bacon and eggs in cafe, you get a finite number of eggs, pieces of bacon and toast. And the prices can vary remarkably. If you are serving buffet style, how do you plan to work out the prices? For example I have 2 of everything, the next person has 4 and the next has bacon and toast but no eggs.

fairness, Feb 23, 7:42am
$12 but only if it's free range bacon and eggs!
Sorry, but even us low income peeps only buy animal products kindly kept or go without.
Our high income mates agree, even if it's just for taste.

fairness, Feb 23, 7:42am
$12 but only if it's free range bacon and eggs!
Sorry, but even us low income peeps only buy animal products kindly kept or go without.
Our high income mates agree, even if it's just for taste.....

pickles7, Feb 23, 7:45am
if you have to ask,
should you be organising the function!

pickles7, Feb 23, 7:45am
if you have to ask,
should you be organising the function???

vintagekitty, Feb 23, 7:48am
typical. Why cant people just answer the posters question, without the smart ass comments.

r15, Feb 23, 9:59am
im asking because i am aware of a group of people as described that regularly put up with paying far too much for what is described as above. i just wanted to gauge if i was being tight expecting it to cost around $12-$15

asue, Feb 23, 10:02am
Yeah $10-$15 tops, anything more I would choose something else on the menu.I just bought a tray of eggs for $4.95.

pat56, Feb 23, 10:23am
Well with that budget I don't think you'll be eating b & e at a cafe anytime soon.

pat56, Feb 23, 10:23am
Well with that budget I don't think you'll be eating b & e at a cafe anytime soon.

pickles7, Feb 23, 8:47pm
Costing, has nothing to do with what other food outlets charge or what people will pay.... It is to do with how much it costs you, to put the food on the plate....Your overheads.... your prifit margin....

pickles7, Feb 23, 8:47pm
Costing, has nothing to do with what other food outlets charge or what people will pay. It is to do with how much it costs you, to put the food on the plate.Your overheads. your prifit margin.

lu_lu1, Feb 23, 9:35pm
good on you pickles. Basic advise.

cookessentials, Feb 24, 12:57am
I was thinking that myself. Why does such a simple question on these boards either get a rude and obnoxious answer or a diatribe into the whys and wherefors of good nutrition.

fisher, Feb 24, 2:55am
Cooky. Some folks are social snobs and like others to know it. Its a wonder that some of them actually have anything to eat or simply have more money than sense so like to put down those that dont have the luxury of picking and choosing. I'm pretty sure the folks at the function wont be asking whether the eggs are free range or the pork came from caged pigs or the grains of the bread was organically grown or any nutritional values.
They just want a feed of bacon and eggs, some toast and a cuppa coffee.
It was a pretty simple question and only needed some simple answers from those in the know what it may cost with probably a slight discount for repeated ongoing custom. It just aint the same here anymore :}} LOL.

fisher, Feb 24, 2:55am
Cooky... Some folks are social snobs and like others to know it... Its a wonder that some of them actually have anything to eat or simply have more money than sense so like to put down those that dont have the luxury of picking and choosing... I'm pretty sure the folks at the function wont be asking whether the eggs are free range or the pork came from caged pigs or the grains of the bread was organically grown or any nutritional values..
They just want a feed of bacon and eggs, some toast and a cuppa coffee..
It was a pretty simple question and only needed some simple answers from those in the know what it may cost with probably a slight discount for repeated ongoing custom... It just aint the same here anymore :}} LOL...

buzzy110, Feb 24, 3:02am
Would you like to give us the posts you think of as rude and obnoxious cooks!

buzzy110, Feb 24, 3:02am
Would you like to give us the posts you think of as rude and obnoxious cooks?

cookessentials, Feb 24, 3:15am
yes, you can say that again fisher. perhaps the full moon the other night bought them out do you think!
How is your sister by the way! or was it your sister in law!

cookessentials, Feb 24, 3:15am
yes, you can say that again fisher. perhaps the full moon the other night bought them out do you think?
How is your sister by the way? or was it your sister in law?

buzzy110, Feb 24, 3:18am
Certainly fisher's post that you have just quoted fits into the rude and obnoxious category. Oh and your post to, the one where you call other poster's rude and obnoxious.And of course your post about the full moon . What other one's are rude and obnoxious in your opinion cooks!

buzzy110, Feb 24, 3:18am
Certainly fisher's post that you have just quoted fits into the rude and obnoxious category. Oh and your post to, the one where you call other poster's rude and obnoxious.And of course your post about the full moon ... What other one's are rude and obnoxious in your opinion cooks?

fisher, Feb 24, 3:23am
Was my sister. thanks for asking. she came through it well but was laid up for some 4 months. she's off the heart transplant list now as a new regime of drugshave seen major improvement.Even going on a cruise in April. so good on her.
OP asked the question because they didn't know the answer. just like "normal" peopledo. some try to help, others like to put obstacles in the way. Imagine if folks never asked how to cook things or ask for a recipe. to be told. you shouldn't be in the kitchen if you dont know hahahahaha
edit: buzzy just stating facts. if the cap fits, wear it.:} LOL

fisher, Feb 24, 3:23am
Was my sister... thanks for asking... she came through it well but was laid up for some 4 months... she's off the heart transplant list now as a new regime of drugshave seen major improvement..Even going on a cruise in April... so good on her..
OP asked the question because they didn't know the answer... just like "normal" peopledo.. some try to help, others like to put obstacles in the way.. Imagine if folks never asked how to cook things or ask for a recipe.. to be told... you shouldn't be in the kitchen if you dont know hahahahaha
edit: buzzy just stating facts... if the cap fits, wear it...:} LOL

cookessentials, Feb 24, 3:26am
Yes, I agree and I can see why so many wont come here, it always seems to be the same old one or two. Great news about your sister and I am sure she had a great time spending some of the holidays up with you guys. The cruise will do her the world of good. How is the smoker going!