Bacon hock in crockpot...

korbo, May 24, 8:34am
have got a bacon hock, and thought i would try soup in slowcooker, how long would it take, do i put all the vegs and hock in together. advice please....and or recipe.

tarankyle, May 24, 8:41am
I use a bacon hock, pea & ham soup mix then add spuds, kumra & pumpkin. Normaly put it on about 10am on high then take meat off the bone about 4pm & leave it on low till we are ready to eat. Just add salt & pepper to each serving to taste. This is the only soup my kids will eat now lol

bunny51, May 24, 8:58am
I add all the veges and the bacon hocl at once in the morning and cook all day

jan.w1, May 24, 9:08am
same as above

korbo, May 24, 9:14am
mmmm...cant wait until tomorrow night then. thanks.

janny3, May 24, 9:44am
What's your best ham hock soup recipe for the slow cooker please?

marcs, May 24, 11:18am
Yuk don't like soup out of a slow cooker. Doesn't taste right.

joker13, May 24, 6:14pm
One hock with one packet of that Kings soup mix and lot vege with the water amount given on the back of the soup.Cook all day. I used 2 hocks and it was too salty

cookessentials, May 24, 7:20pm
Best way to do it is do the hock on it's own first...all day, till meat falls off the bone. Skim fat off the top,chop reserved meat and add in with a few stalks of celery ( including the leaves) a can of chopped toms, Campbells chicken or vege stock, cubed potato,kumara,swede,sliced carrot, large chopped onion,tomato paste, When these are tender, I add in spiral pasta and cook through till pasta is tender. Season well with freshly ground pepper and only slat if needed. The recipe is somewhere on here...I cant remember what else I put in at right now, but I think I have it all.

korbo, May 25, 8:34am
have got a bacon hock, and thought i would try soup in slowcooker, how long would it take, do i put all the vegs and hock in together. advice please.and or recipe.

korbo, May 25, 9:14am
mmmm.cant wait until tomorrow night then. thanks.

janny3, May 25, 9:44am
What's your best ham hock soup recipe for the slow cooker please!

marcs, May 25, 11:18am
Yuk don't like soup out of a slow cooker. Doesn't taste right.

cookessentials, May 25, 7:20pm
Best way to do it is do the hock on it's own first.all day, till meat falls off the bone. Skim fat off the top,chop reserved meat and add in with a few stalks of celery ( including the leaves) a can of chopped toms, Campbells chicken or vege stock, cubed potato,kumara,swede,sliced carrot, large chopped onion,tomato paste, When these are tender, I add in spiral pasta and cook through till pasta is tender. Season well with freshly ground pepper and only slat if needed. The recipe is somewhere on here.I cant remember what else I put in at right now, but I think I have it all.