Crockpot mac cheese

Page 1 / 2
akanickcave, Aug 24, 7:17am
Does anyone have a recipe? would it work with GF pasta?

stormbaby, Aug 24, 9:41am
I use the one out of the Alison and Simon Holst crockpot book, but I use only 2 cups grated cheese instead of 3, as it too cheesy otherwise.I take it out, put into a casserole dish, sprinkle with a little grated cheese, breadcrumbs, knobs of butter and grill the top.

theanimal1, Aug 24, 9:49am
Crockpot Macaroni Cheese 2-3 cups uncooked pasta - macaroni or penne 25g melted butter 2-3 cups cheese 3 Tbsp flour 1 teaspoon garlic salt 3 cups boiling water Grease the slow cooker bowl & turn onto high. Tip pasta into slow cooker & pour over melted butter. Add flour, salt, cheese & mix. Pour over boiling water & mix. Cook for 1-2 hours, stirring once per hour. Variations - add onion, ham or ham steaks, mushrooms, bacon, diced tomatoes, mince.

twistdangel, Aug 24, 9:52am
there is another thread exactly the same a few lower on the same page as this one

litedelites, Aug 24, 10:30pm
Hi, I use the recipe as per theanimal1and I have made it for pot luck events and all asked for the recipe, they were amazed that it was not made with milk. T

akanickcave, Aug 25, 8:43am
thanks - i had that crockpot book but made a mistake lending to a friend... never came back!

jtonkin, Aug 25, 8:56am
If anyone wants one i've listed more booklets.I don't make any money from them, so hope you don't class this as "self promotion" but they are there if anyone wants to grab one.Lyn.

trinia, Aug 25, 9:34am
Ummmm hang on a min I just checked your "booklets" that you said you don't make any money from, but you have listed them at $6 each! Please explain oh and have been selling them for a long time!!! hmmmm

kernal1, Sep 7, 5:04am
Good grief! Did you expect it for nothing? Obviously this booklet has been popular if Lyn started in 2007 and still going! I have just ordered one and cannot believe how cheap it is. Sounds like a great idea for 'small Xmas gifts'! What else can you buy for $8 with P & P.?
Hmmmmmmmmmm!

nfh1, Sep 7, 5:27am
I suppose it depends on whose recipes they are.

kernal1, Sep 7, 8:39am
Think that is obvious but at least Lyn has saved many from copying out! Does anyone 'own a recipe??? Thankfully there are many great cooks that can adapt and share recipes to suit our modern day lifestyle! I am old enought to relate to cooking on a coal range, no electric fry panlet alone slow cookers! Live and learn, share!
Makes TM a special place and no one needs to pay for any thing they think is over priced!
Good wishes

nfh1, Sep 7, 9:05am
It is a good idea to have them in a booklet but seems a bit off to sell them in my view, but not a problem if the original posters have said it is OK.

Would be good if proceeds went to charity, especially at the moment.

darlingmole, Sep 8, 8:45am
I agree with you ... to sell someone elses recipes is OFF.To share? ok. One can only hope that they'll donate the proceed to some deserving people (like the Christchurch vicitims of earthquakes)

lizab, Sep 8, 11:19am
thanks for this recipe - my kids love it!!! We've got a housecow, so I replace hot milk for the hot water specified in the recipe. I might do this tomorrow for them actually :)

kernal1, Sep 11, 3:03am
I have just received my booklet and am delighted! Credits are noted for all recipes given. I have many other books that other people's recipes are used, nothing like tried and true and these cost alot more.
All credit to Lyn for taking the time to put this together and the small charge she makes would hardly cover the photocopying, let alone the making up to booklet form and the cost of a large envelope!
As I thought these would make lovely 'small' xmas gifts when you want something more than a card.
One of the best buys I have had for $8. Congratulations Lyn for the time you obviously spent, even just copying the recipes and sharing them with others for such a small cost.
Recipes are put on here to share and I for one would be flattered if someone wanted to include a recipe I had provided as part of a small booklet!
For the knockers! Just how long would it take you to copy 40 plus recipes? Makes the price very reasonable surely????

jtonkin, Sep 19, 6:09am
Opsee didn't mean to delete that.Must ignore Mrs Gatland from Lower Hutt, she is my ex husbands new partner and is not worth your time or mine.

doggitt, Sep 19, 6:43am
Yes recipes are subject to copyright like any other creative work.

No one "owns" the recipe for pavlova... but Allison Holst will own the rights to her version as will Jamie Oliver for his....

If you don't believe me try copying either chefs' recipe straight from the book and selling them...

rarkl, Sep 19, 6:45am
Lisa you beat me to it!

iluvstuf, Sep 19, 6:46am
I think if they're recipes you've created then yes, they're "yours" in the creative sense. Its like, me doing my painting and everyone else who wants to reproduce it has to get my permission first. If that makes sense.

lisah4, Sep 19, 6:47am
You're not finding anything interesting on tv tonight either huh lol

rjm2, Sep 19, 6:48am
I am staying out of this one - because I know you are right ;0))))))) LOL

cerridwyn, Sep 19, 6:49am
WOW another board *looks around*

maz61, Sep 19, 7:00am
what is this?

maz61, Sep 19, 7:01am
where am I lmao right out of here!!!

krispie3, Sep 19, 7:05am
I love the recipe book jtonkin :)