How much would you pay for bacon and eggs

Page 7 / 7
lyl_guy, Mar 10, 8:00pm
I would not pay $20 for B&E in a cafe!The most I can recall paying was about $18 in a lovely vineyard up North, where it included breakfast sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes.Beautiful.Around the 'burbs of Auckland I pay about $8 - $10, but that's excluding coffee, or juice.

cookessentials, Mar 10, 9:09pm
you seem to be contradicting yourself.

cookessentials, Mar 10, 9:13pm
so now it is confusing because in one post you say you have seen them in hotels and eaten them and then chide kay, saying they are NOT avialable...so which is it? Also, this thread had done its dash and seven days later you had to resurrect it again...are you bored?

illusion_, Mar 10, 9:48pm
Bingo

Buffet service .... eggs ... = "No thanks"

Breakfast as described in the original post but cooked to order however ... and with PROPER coffee .... maybe $18 or so all up.

buzzy110, Mar 10, 10:25pm
Then you probably wouldn't be prepared to pay anything for what #1 was asking as, like me, you have certain objections to consuming food that does not meet your own standards.

Well I'm glad we have cleared that one up for #1.

kay141, Mar 10, 10:41pm
I do not think #1 was talking about a buffet in a top class hotel. It reads to me more like a church congregation and therefore what I would expect and pay would be completely different.

elliehen, Mar 11, 12:34am
Well, after all the argy-bargy, I returned to make sure I was reading replies to the original poster's question.

I have no idea what a reasonable price would be (I don't buy bacon) but I do have commonsense, and it seems to me that these congregating people will not be looking for 'ambience' or 'added value'.

It sounds like a plain working meeting over breakfast to me :)

vintagekitty, Mar 11, 12:41am
hahaha, what do some of you sound like. 3 pages of personal inults and digs. nutters

fisher, Mar 11, 4:04am
just like you do eh .. vintage.... puts you in the same boat.. ==nutter

elliehen, Mar 11, 4:22am
Mosquito, blowfly??Sometimes I wish I could take a swipe at the screen with my electrified tennis racquet gizmo...

I've just bought one for a friend who admired mine as I dealt to indoor wasps -ten dollars at Mitre 10 plus two AA batteries.

mwood, Mar 11, 4:53am
First work out your quantity - remember you will have waste/left overs - then multiple the cost of the total by 3 (3x) then add on the GST (cost of x 1.15) divide by the number of paying or expected people - if the cost per person looks too cheap keep adding another dollar on until it looks reasonable. The danger is underpricing. Ball park figure would be $15 to $18 all in.

uli, Mar 11, 8:48am
We all know that you cannot keep soft yolk cooked eggs warm - everybody would know that they turn into hard boiled eggs very quickly - which is why they are NOT in the bain marie's of any hotel! However it was very necessary to post something - anything - after a post I made . aye kay!

Also if you have ever eaten anything from a hotel breakfast buffet then you would know that the staff is hovering around the buffet all the time and that especially eggs are re-filled with new stuff every 15 to 20 minutes . so everything is quite hot and fresh . I certainly had nothing lukewarm at all. Maybe you need to add a few more stars when you go next time.

kay141, Mar 11, 7:03pm
I thought 5 stars was enough . How long since you stayed in a hotel!
As I said, I don't eat hotel buffets at all. Even with the staff hovering around as you say, nothing is really hot, Other guests are still dipping into the dishes and breathing on them. I would much rather go out and have it freshly cooked for me.

kay141, Mar 11, 7:43pm
As well, most top hotels are willing to supply a fresh breakfast for regular guests.
I don't do buffets for any meal.

cookessentials, Mar 11, 9:13pm
so now it is confusing because in one post you say you have seen them in hotels and eaten them and then chide kay, saying they are NOT avialable.so which is it! Also, this thread had done its dash and seven days later you had to resurrect it again.are you bored!

illusion_, Mar 11, 9:48pm
Bingo

Buffet service . eggs . = "No thanks"

Breakfast as described in the original post but cooked to order however . and with PROPER coffee . maybe $18 or so all up.

buzzy110, Mar 11, 10:25pm
Then you probably wouldn't be prepared to pay anything for what #1 was asking as, like me, you have certain objections to consuming food that does not meet your own standards.

Well I'm glad we have cleared that one up for #1.

elliehen, Mar 12, 12:34am
Well, after all the argy-bargy, I returned to make sure I was reading replies to the original poster's question.

I have no idea what a reasonable price would be (I don't buy bacon) but I do have commonsense, and it seems to me that these congregating people will not be looking for 'ambience' or 'added value'.

It sounds like a plain working meeting over breakfast to me :)

fisher, Mar 12, 4:04am
just like you do eh . vintage. puts you in the same boat. ==nutter

elliehen, Mar 12, 4:22am
Mosquito, blowfly!Sometimes I wish I could take a swipe at the screen with my electrified tennis racquet gizmo.

I've just bought one for a friend who admired mine as I dealt to indoor wasps -ten dollars at Mitre 10 plus two AA batteries.