Baked Beans

Page 2 / 2
zappi, Mar 9, 8:30pm
skippy 33, cant remember but will have a look when I get home from work and post tomorrow. It is a really nice and easy recipe and everyone loves it.

zappi, Mar 9, 8:33pm
Skippy33, just had a quick look online and found there website. It is
http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz
I typed in the search up the top Baked Bean Hash. Recipe should come up. Lots of other really neat things to make also on there. The other good site is the Sanitarium NZ website lots of yummy recipes on there too.
Hope you enjoy.

eastie3, Mar 10, 5:16am
The first meal my brother learnt to cook when he went flatting was a tin of Watties bb with an egg and a handful of grated cheese stirred in over a moderate heat. Serve on burnt toast as he did and you have a dish that still pleases him to this day.

skippy33, Mar 10, 11:09pm
thank you for that.

kiwi.adventures, Mar 11, 12:09am
hmm I tried some home brand baked beans, tasteless. gone off beans now.

nfh1, Mar 11, 12:22am
you could try porridge!

papariccardo, Mar 11, 12:39am
Real simple to make too. $5 a kilo dry at your local bulk foods or Indian shop, makes about 3kg when rehydrated. Then you can add your own flavours, less salt, etc. I'm doing them a lot at the mo as a diet. Put over nacho chips with cheese or sour cream for an indulgence.

I have a thread up about chilli beans at the mo, hopefully I will get some good ideas there.

kiwi.adventures, Mar 11, 12:51am
Porridge just rules over anything else really.

elliehen, Mar 11, 2:38am
You're onto this too nfh1 - maybe porridge and baked beans mixed together? ? ... and weet-bix...

That would be a great Kiwi Adventure for our intrepid culinary trekker ;)

darlingmole, Mar 11, 2:41am
come on elliehen ... where's the condensed milk in that lot? !

nfh1, Oct 20, 5:19pm
Cooked and eaten straight from the SC would save washing up as well!