A simple but yummy peanut satay sauce recipe pls!

cyndidoll, Feb 20, 8:27am
Can anyone help with an easy to make but tasty satay sauce recipe that doesn't involve a huge list of foreign ingredients...does one exist??thanks

darkestangel1, Feb 19, 7:06pm
Can anyone please help - any suggestions and ideas would be welcomed!

jessie981, Feb 19, 7:21pm
x1
Try this Alison Holst recipe: it's yummy as a marinade or dipping sauce.

Indonesian Dipping Sauce

2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp grated root ginger
2 TBSP dark soya sauce
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP oil
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP peanut butter
1/4 cup water

Combine ingredients in small pan and heat, (or microwave in a pyrex jug,) stirring until smooth and thickened.
Sauce can be diluted with extra water if it is too thick.
or check out the lefthand message board & under keyword put peanut sauce. Under date posted put last year.

darlingmole, Feb 19, 10:43pm
I fry up garlic/ginger/currypowder/cumm-
inpowder in some butter, add a tin of coconut cream and 2 T peanut butter, heat through and stir (the usual pepper and salt)

ace441, Feb 20, 7:20am
I use this one when I do chicken kebabs - really quick and easy; 2 t Vegetable oil, 1 Spring Onion, 1 Garlic clove, 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter (smooth), 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk, 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce. Heat the oil in a pan over a moderate heat. Add the thinly sliced spring onion and crushed garlic. Stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring continuously, until smooth and heated through.

cyndidoll, Feb 20, 8:27am
Can anyone help with an easy to make but tasty satay sauce recipe that doesn't involve a huge list of foreign ingredients.does one exist!thanks

bev00, Sep 10, 9:07am
Malaysian Satay Peanut Sauce

1 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)

1 cup water

1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis)

1 1/2 tablespoon sugar (palm sugar preferred)

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup oil

1 heaped tab tamarind pulp (soaked in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes, squeeze the tamarind pulp for juice and discard the pulp)
Spice Paste:
6-8 dried red chilies (seeded and soaked in warm water)

3 cloves garlic

3 shallots

2 lemon grass (white parts only)

2 cm ginger or galangal 

1 tablespoon coriander powder (optional)

Crush the peanuts coarsely with mortar and pestle or mini food processor and set aside.
Chop the spice paste ingredients and blend until fine. Heat oil and fry the spice paste until aromatic and smell spicy. Add the peanuts, tamarind juice, water, sugar, sweet soy sauce and stir thoroughly. Simmer in low heat while continue stirring for about 3 minutes until the peanut sauce turns smooth. Serve at room temperature with the satay.

Quotedavidt4 (193 )9:17 am, Thu 8 Sep #5
Thai Satay Sauce

1 ½ tab red curry paste
½ c peanut butter
3 – 4 tab tamarind paste
1 c coconut cream
2 – 3 tab sugar
2 tab fish sauce

Simmer all together for a few minutes.

Quotedavidt4 (193 )

carlosjackal, Sep 10, 10:01am
Thai Peanut Sauce/Dip/Marinade

Sauce can be used for a sauce for chicken or beef satay, cold noodle salad or as a marinade for grilled chicken or even as a dip.

Ingredients:
• 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
• 1/3 cup water
• 2 cloves garlic
• ½ tsp. dark soy sauce
• 2 tsp. sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 – 2½tablespoons fish sauce
• ½ tsp. tamarind paste (or lime juice)
• 1 tsp. Thai Chilli sauce (more or less to taste)
• 1/3 cup coconut milk

Method:
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor
Process until sauce is smooth
Add more fish sauce if not salty enough – if too salty add a squeeze of fresh lime juice

motorbo, Sep 10, 11:36am
i made a stir fry the other night and added ginger, peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce and a bit of water, made a nice satay

frances1266, Sep 10, 7:03pm
I love all satay sauces but this is my favourite.
Quick Peanut Sauce.
3T unsweetened peanut butter
2T rice wine vinegar
1T chpd coriander - I used Continental in a jar, can only get it from New World as far as I know.Use the plain one, not one with garlic, ginger etc. I add 2T of the jarred coriander.
1 plump clove garlic
2t soy sauce or to taste
1t light brown sugar
1/2t chilli oil, sriracha or chilli flakes to taste
salt.
Combine all ingred except the salt, adding 2-4T warm water to make it the consistency you wish.Add 1/4t salt and then taste

kirmag, Sep 10, 8:26pm
1 onion chopped
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 cups of water
a teaspoon of grated ginger

Put all ingredients in pot and let it all simmer away til it thickens.YUM YUM and from the Family Heart book.

I always taste along the way and usually add more sugar and soy sauce to get it to my liking.