Need ideas for finger food for a 50th.

slmer, Feb 13, 4:32am
Don't want to be standing over a bbq for the night.

margyr, Feb 13, 4:46am
club sandwiches, savoury eggs, asparagus rolls, those south island cheese rolls, sausage rolls, do you have a local fish and chip shop that would do small peices of fish and sausages? Cheese balls with crackers.

darlingmole, Feb 13, 5:11am
I don't care what ANYONE says - toothpicks with cheese'n'pinapple or cheese'n'pickled onions is always well received, as are curried eggs, bite size pieces of bacon'n'egg pie, chips and dip, salsa and vegetable sticks, mini meatballs on toothpicks with a variety of dipping sauces (satay, italian, mustard cream etc).Tiny piklets (called blini's?) with cream cheese and smoked salmon or similar (smoked fish or mussels) on top. Actually slices of cucumber with cream cheese and whatever you like on top would be cheap and easy too at this time of the year

elliehen, Feb 13, 5:14am
From ruby19 :)

elliehen, Feb 13, 5:16am
And another...worth having a search for past threads (top left).

rainrain1, Feb 13, 5:43am
I'd be inclined to keep it simple, sandwiches, savouries and cream cakes

karenz, Feb 13, 5:54am
You are bound to have a Moore Wilsons near you.They sell all sorts of finger food in bulk, I recognise them from a few professionally catered parties I have been to. All you need to do is heat them up in the oven and pass them around.. If you do not already have a card it is very easy to get one, and you can shop while you are waiting for your official one to arrive.

seniorbones, Feb 13, 6:20am
I did lots of pass arounds like savouries things that I could freeze beforehand and then a whole glazed ham with fresh bread and chutneys, then I rang plunket and paid two ladies to serve it all and they cooked the meatballs, kranskies and other bbq food too, I got the ham ready during the day and also made the sandwiches and chicken rolls on the day. Anyone that asked if they could bring something I said yes to a few for the dips and it was fantastic...if I could only remember more than I can!!!!

duckmoon, Feb 13, 9:23am
I agree about standing over a BBQ - what about hiring a teenager to do the BBQ? - cocktail sized sausages, and other yummy things

nik12, Feb 13, 9:38am
Bread or pastry cases with different fillings?

slmer, Feb 13, 10:30am
Thanks for all the ideas.

alebix, Feb 13, 10:40am
banoffie pie (small ones)
bread cases
aspragus rolls
chicken nibbles
club sammies
sausie rolls
mini pies
those pre frozen mini eclairs/ puff pastries
potato chips and dip
pretzels
peanuts

pickles7, Feb 13, 10:42am
cream cheese and salmon rolls are nice, as are, cream cheese and chopped apricot rolls, along with asparagus rolls. If you roll them corner to corner you can cut them in half and stand them up on the plate. If you are not wanting to do much cooking you can buy catering size packs of savouries. Mad Butcher, sells them, 50 in a box. 2 boxes and you are half done.

cookessentials, 2 days, 22 hours
I have bumped the parties/weddings/gatherings thread for you. There are some great recipes on there that may be of use.