Pickled pork (vacuum packed) use by 27.1.11 but

Page 1 / 2
kuaka, Feb 11, 7:55am
still on sale today!!! Would you buy it ?Is it even legal to sell it when it's that far beyond it's use by date.I double checked, it is a "use by" date, not a "best before" date.

jessie981, Feb 11, 2:55pm
No.
No

kuaka, Feb 11, 7:50pm
That was my feelings too, just wondered what others thought!

t.gypsy, Feb 11, 8:03pm
lol and if it was cuntdown and one of those other progressive it might be older than that..

kuaka, Feb 11, 9:22pm
Four square!There were two pieces use by 27 Jan and two pieces use by 1st Feb.They have been reduced in price, and the reduced price label states "dated".One of the pieces, the vacuum packaging has "blown" so to speak and is all puffed up and tight.

nfh1, Feb 11, 9:24pm
Absolutely not - I am paranoid about dates.

Even if it was okay just the thought of it would make me feel ill.

nfh1, Feb 11, 9:25pm
Unfortunate spelling error there t.gypsy!

t.gypsy, Feb 11, 9:30pm
lol nfh yes it was sorry..

nfh1, Feb 11, 9:40pm
No need to apologise - it is so easy to do.I only ever notice spelling errors after I have posted - never see them when I check before posting!

kuaka, Feb 11, 9:46pm
I didn't notice the spelling either, and I'm usually pretty observant!!!!So funny.

barbra1, Feb 12, 9:20am
pork.. and the package was swollen !!! no way, pork is dodgey at the best of times if not used quickly/within time frames.. supemarket should be running much better checks.even with pickled meats..,

barbra1, Feb 12, 9:20am
pork. and the package was swollen ! no way, pork is dodgey at the best of times if not used quickly/within time frames. supemarket should be running much better checks.even with pickled meats.,

kuaka, Feb 12, 9:44am
barbra - that's part of my point.Obviously the place is checking, as they have reduced the price because it is dated.I can understand them doing that when it is "short-dated" meaning there's only a few days to go until the use by date, but these have been re-labelled after the use-by date, so there's no excuse as far as I can see.

kuaka, Feb 12, 9:44am
barbra - that's part of my point.Obviously the place is checking, as they have reduced the price because it is dated.I can understand them doing that when it is "short-dated" meaning there's only a few days to go until the use by date, but these have been re-labelled after the use-by date, so there's no excuse as far as I can see.

lx4000, Feb 12, 8:16pm
I would have handed it over showing them the date. Ppl do make mistakes and when checking sooooo many packs, 1 can be over looked now and then! Now if it was alot of packs . . . . . . !!

lx4000, Feb 12, 8:16pm
I would have handed it over showing them the date. Ppl do make mistakes and when checking sooooo many packs, 1 can be over looked now and then! Now if it was alot of packs . . . . . . !

kuaka, Feb 13, 5:32am
There were four packs out of a total of 8, maybe 9 at the most.

kuaka, Feb 17, 2:32am
Just an update, I was in there today, and there was only one piece of pork left in the chiller.It was "use by 1st Feb" with a reduced sticker which had been stuck on after the use by date, and the reason for the reduction in price "dated".Ye Gods.I asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't available.

kuaka, Feb 17, 2:32am
Just an update, I was in there today, and there was only one piece of pork left in the chiller.It was "use by 1st Feb" with a reduced sticker which had been stuck on after the use by date, and the reason for the reduction in price "dated".Ye Gods.I asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't available.

kuaka, Mar 19, 9:13am
And yesterday I was in there and they had a small ham (vacuum packed) with a "use by 20 Feb 2011" sticker on it, and here it was for sale, large as life, with a reduced in price sticker.

fisher, Mar 19, 9:32am
got to get the overheads (purchase costs) back somehow....just wait for ambivalent folk to come along and chuck it into their trolly

kuaka, Mar 19, 10:13am
Hmmm, maybe, but at $36 at the reduced price, that's a lot of meat and a lot of dosh, if you get home and find it's "off".Wonder would they refund your money.Probably the supermarket would, but the local Four Square.I think you might struggle a bit there - but I guess I could be wrong.

dezzie, Mar 19, 10:22pm
Ring your local health dept and tell them, he'll go for a skate for that I think..

kuaka, Mar 19, 10:37pm
I just might do that, but I guess it will have to wait till tomorrow, and I'll have to check and see if it is still in the chiller tomorrow.I plan to go there tomorrow anyway, so will try to remember to check it.

dilligaf_dah, Mar 20, 3:48am
It is illegal to sell on or after the use by date.