Passionfruit

Page 1 / 2
ptrex, Feb 9, 10:13pm
Goodmorning,I have just taken the pulp from my passionfruit,and wondered if there were any suggestions for it,please.

goldgurl, Feb 9, 10:16pm
eat as is, make a drink, icing, freeze for later - desert topping.

jag5, Feb 9, 10:26pm
Freeze in ice cube trays, then pop into plastic bag when frozen.You then have blocks to put into drinks, add to fruit salads, cooking etc etc.And, if one ice block is too big for what you want, it doesn't freeze totally solid so is easy to cut into smaller pieces for what you want.

vintagekitty, Feb 9, 11:40pm
sell them on here! $42.50 a kilo where I live

pickles7, Feb 10, 5:45am
grow the pips and get more. one is never enough. we have one sitting on my table waiting for it to crinkle up. lol.

clsnz, Feb 10, 6:26am
Passionfruit honey is yummy!

jessie981, Feb 10, 8:10am
8 passionfruit
3 eggs
3oz butter
3oz sugar
Scoop out fruit from skins, put in a double boiler with well beaten eggs, sugar & butter.
Cook until thick, stirring all the time. Takes approx 15 mins

juliewn, Feb 10, 11:34am
You can freeze passionfruit whole, without removing the pulp - thaw when needed and use as usual..

pinnochio1, Feb 11, 12:52am
What do you use this passionfruit honey for, sandwich spread? or what else.

juliewn, Feb 11, 6:34am
You can use it in place of the lemon part in a lemon meringue pie, as pavlova topping under whipped cream, in a cream sponge as filling, on hot scones, by itself or with whipped cream.. as the filling in little tarts or pastry squares, vol-au-vents, on hot toast, etc..in many things that are yummy!

pinnochio1, Feb 11, 8:57am
Thank you so much for that reply, my first reaction was eggs and p/fruit is insane, but reading on, I'm intrigued with it to the point of, I've got to try it.

pam.delilah, Feb 11, 7:57pm
Passionfruit cupcakes
75g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 small eggs
1/4 cup passionfruit pulp (fresh or preserved)
1 cup plus 2 Tbs self-raising flour

1. Heat oven to 180C. Grease or line 12 muffin pans with paper cases.

2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Stir in passionfruit pulp, then fold in sifted flour. Half fill paper cases with mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one cake comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Ice with passionfruit frosting.

Passionfruit melting moments

• 250g unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup icing sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
• 1/2 cup custard powder
• 60g butter
• 1/2 cup icing sugar
• 1 1/2 tbsp passionfruit pulp
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Line two baking trays with baking paper. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the vanilla essence. Sift in the flour and custard powder and mix to a soft dough. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into 28 balls and place on the trays. Flatten slightly with a floured fork.
2. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a light golden colour. Cool on a wire rack.
3. To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then beat in the passionfruit pulp. Use the filling to sandwich the biscuits together. Leave to firm before serving. The biscuits will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container.

justme..., Feb 12, 3:04am
It is very yummy if you put a couple of spoonfuls in the bottom of a tall glass then a nice tropical fruit juice half and half with lemonade, serve with a straw so you can suck up the passionfruit as it settles at the bottom, your friends will be impressed, deeelicious!!

jag5, Feb 9, 10:26pm
Freeze in ice cube trays, then pop into plastic bag when frozen.You then have blocks to put into drinks, add to fruit salads, cooking etc etc.And, if one ice block is too big for what you want, it doesn't freeze totally solid so is easy to cut into smaller pieces for what you want.

juliewn, Feb 10, 11:34am
You can freeze passionfruit whole, without removing the pulp - thaw when needed and use as usual.

pinnochio1, Feb 11, 12:52am
What do you use this passionfruit honey for, sandwich spread! or what else.

juliewn, Feb 11, 6:34am
You can use it in place of the lemon part in a lemon meringue pie, as pavlova topping under whipped cream, in a cream sponge as filling, on hot scones, by itself or with whipped cream. as the filling in little tarts or pastry squares, vol-au-vents, on hot toast, etc.in many things that are yummy!

pinnochio1, Feb 11, 8:57am
Thank you so much for that reply, my first reaction was eggs and p/fruit is insane, but reading on, I'm intrigued with it to the point of, I've got to try it.

justme..., Feb 12, 3:04am
It is very yummy if you put a couple of spoonfuls in the bottom of a tall glass then a nice tropical fruit juice half and half with lemonade, serve with a straw so you can suck up the passionfruit as it settles at the bottom, your friends will be impressed, deeelicious!

bev00, Feb 12, 12:04pm
A great way to preserve passionfruit is equal parts passionfruit pulp and sugar.Keeps in frig for months

makespacenow, Feb 12, 4:04pm
Passion fruit curd, passion fruit &coconut cake, passion fruit ice cream is what we maje if there is any leftover after kids pick them

arcane1315, Feb 12, 5:05pm
makespacenow. can you please post your recipes for the cake & ice cream

arcane1315, Feb 12, 5:21pm
Passionfruit sorbet

Basic Sorbet -1 ¼ cups water
½ cup sugar

Put sugar & water into a heavy based saucepan and heat gently until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.Bring to the boil for 2 minutes without stirring.Remove from heat and cool.

Passionfruit Sorbet

10 medium passionfruit
4 tbsp orange juice
1 recipe basic syrup, cooled
2 egg whites

Scoop out passionfruit pulp.Puree with orange juice in a blender or food processor briefly.Pass through a nylon sieve.Add strained juice to sugar syrup, and freeze until mushy.Beat to break down ice crystals.Fold in stiffly beaten egg whtes and freeze again.After 1 hour beat again, as the egg whites tend to separate.Freeze

bridget107, Feb 13, 7:54am
Passionfruit cheesecake! Yum!

winnie231, Feb 13, 8:39am
Mmmm - have found a source of Banana Passionfruit but as they're listed as a noxious weed . I'm not telling where ;)
Needless to say I'm doing my very best to dispose of this 'pest' . one by one!