Whos that nasty person using me oven

Page 1 / 2
lx4000, Feb 8, 1:07am
and making nice food and making it dirty!
A job we all love to hate!
How often do you clean your oven!

lx4000, Feb 8, 1:07am
and making nice food and making it dirty?????
A job we all love to hate!
How often do you clean your oven?

toeblister, Feb 8, 1:15am
I'm just cleaning mine now.Hate the job!How often!When smokes starts bellowing out lol

toeblister, Feb 8, 1:15am
I'm just cleaning mine now.......Hate the job!How often?When smokes starts bellowing out lol

rubyjane11, Feb 8, 1:22am
everytime I use it

nfh1, Feb 8, 1:41am
Never gets cleaned!

It gets a wipe out after every use and still looks brand new (7 years old).I do tend to cover everything I can though.

ant_sonja, Feb 8, 2:03am
you're supposed to clean them! ;-)

ant_sonja, Feb 8, 2:03am
you're supposed to clean them? ;-)

nfh1, Feb 8, 2:05am
LOL - if you move house regularly don't bother!

nfh1, Feb 8, 2:05am
LOL - if you move house regularly don't bother!

cookessentials, Feb 8, 2:17am
I always wipe mine down well while it is still fairly hot. I also use a little sugar soap on a cloth once it is warm and cool enough to handle.

ant_sonja, Feb 8, 2:38am
well we have been in the same place for a number of years now and not planning on moving - I do clean the trays and oven door - does that count! :-)

ant_sonja, Feb 8, 2:38am
well we have been in the same place for a number of years now and not planning on moving - I do clean the trays and oven door - does that count? :-)

davidt4, Feb 8, 3:00am
When a friend of mine movedhouse a while ago she found that not only had the oven not been cleaned but it held the very old remains of a roasted leg of lamb and assorted vegetables.The smell was disgusting.

lindylambchops1, Feb 8, 3:06am
I use baking soda & vinegar on mine regularly & always wipe out after ever use.

beaker59, Feb 8, 3:12am
I clean the new one allot, well at least once a year :)

The old one before the new kitchen went lasted 3 years without a clean as I refused to clean an oven that was going to be chucked any day now ;)

gardie, Feb 8, 4:03am
Hahaha - our oven was about 5 years old when we moved into the house - that was 15 years ago.I'm sure its going to give up any time now - and whats the point in throwing away a clean oven!(I've been saying that for a while now - just how long do ovens last! )

gardie, Feb 8, 4:03am
Hahaha - our oven was about 5 years old when we moved into the house - that was 15 years ago.I'm sure its going to give up any time now - and whats the point in throwing away a clean oven?(I've been saying that for a while now - just how long do ovens last? )

gr8stuf4me, Feb 8, 9:08am
Well my oven was replaced with a newer one last year and the man that came around to put it in for me said it was ancient and he'd not come accross one that old.He thought it must have been put in when the house was build, which was 1965.So a long while I expect.

gr8stuf4me, Feb 8, 9:08am
Well my oven was replaced with a newer one last year and the man that came around to put it in for me said it was ancient and he'd not come accross one that old.He thought it must have been put in when the house was build, which was 1965.So a long while I expect.

nik12, Feb 8, 11:24am
I always intend on cleaning mine everytime I use it - but lol.
Bought the oven cleaner yesterday for the annualclean.It's still sitting on the bench.

nik12, Feb 8, 11:24am
I always intend on cleaning mine everytime I use it - but lol.
Bought the oven cleaner yesterday for the annualclean.It's still sitting on the bench.

griffo4, Feb 8, 8:50pm
l clean mine when it sets off the smoke alarm when l open the door,LOL
l take the racks out and put them in the bath with washing powder and hot water and you put tin foil to touch each rack and leave to cool down and come back later and wipe them down they come up sparkling clean with no effort
l was told this many years ago and they said it was some kind of reaction with the tinfoil and it works
l usually put them in a fish bin to do it or else l would have to clean the bath after ;-))

lx4000, Feb 9, 1:11am
But ya gotta admit, once done, it looks great and your proud of the effort! I have a major fear of cleaning ovens, even when disconnected and outside!! Hate doing but do it at least twice a year!
Good on ya for wiping them out after every use!! I keep on forgetting to do that!! How do you manage to lift the bottom element without the fear of getting burnt?

lx4000, Feb 9, 1:11am
But ya gotta admit, once done, it looks great and your proud of the effort! I have a major fear of cleaning ovens, even when disconnected and outside! Hate doing but do it at least twice a year!
Good on ya for wiping them out after every use! I keep on forgetting to do that! How do you manage to lift the bottom element without the fear of getting burnt!