Whos that nasty person using me oven

Page 2 / 2
seniorbones, Mar 11, 12:56am
lol...I decided to do mine today so looking for a good cleaner to use,I used mr mussel but it hasnt taken off the burnt on bits - hate to say its from when I glazed the ham at christmas and didnt notice it on the floor of the over, now its baked on and I cant get it off even with a knife!! any solutions would be grateful thankyou.

elliehen, Mar 11, 1:04am
Like toasters, they used to last a very long time before planned obsolescence by manufacturers became the norm.

kiwipossum, Mar 11, 1:08am
hahahahahahahahaha i think we must be related!!!

kinna54, Mar 11, 5:12am
From one who worked under the *CAYG*method: *Clean as you go* it takes only a min for a quick wipe down. Then my dear hubs (does have his uses) cleans it solidly (even takes the door apart) about once every 3 months.

elliehen, Mar 11, 5:52am
What a treasure!...the hubs, not the oven ;)

helmont, Mar 11, 6:08am
When I bought this house, the oven needed a clean.
Ended up using a spade and wheel barrow!

Nowadays, I just do when I've had a spill (rare), and slosh soapy water in it, put some more in a bowl and turn the oven on low.Turn off later, and wipe out.

carriebradshaw, Mar 11, 7:12am
I got my oven cleaned late last year by an oven cleaning company.They did such a brilliant job it looked new again.It's been so easy to keep it up.

deus701, Mar 11, 1:34pm
im goin to get a self cleanin oven

pp11, Mar 11, 10:16pm
I like the sound of that, do you mind if I ask how much it costs? Thanks :)

seniorbones, Mar 12, 12:56am
lol.I decided to do mine today so looking for a good cleaner to use,I used mr mussel but it hasnt taken off the burnt on bits - hate to say its from when I glazed the ham at christmas and didnt notice it on the floor of the over, now its baked on and I cant get it off even with a knife! any solutions would be grateful thankyou.

kiwipossum, Mar 12, 1:08am
hahahahahahahahaha i think we must be related!

kinna54, Mar 12, 1:52am
elliehen he has just done the freezer as well! Gosh I should hire him out!

elliehen, Mar 12, 2:02am
Don't let him out of your sight...he'll be snapped up ;)

ann7, Mar 12, 2:23am
We have a fan oven and my husband does roast once a week, all the fat gets blown around the oven. Better than on my thighs tho i guess

elliehen, Mar 12, 5:52am
What a treasure!.the hubs, not the oven ;)

helmont, Mar 12, 6:08am
When I bought this house, the oven needed a clean.
Ended up using a spade and wheel barrow!

Nowadays, I just do when I've had a spill (rare), and slosh soapy water in it, put some more in a bowl and turn the oven on low.Turn off later, and wipe out.

carriebradshaw, Mar 12, 7:12am
I got my oven cleaned late last year by an oven cleaning company.They did such a brilliant job it looked new again.It's been so easy to keep it up.

shimmygirl, Mar 12, 8:17am
And me... I'm a long long cousin I think.
I clean mine when the house smoke alarm goes off!

pp11, Mar 12, 10:16pm
I like the sound of that, do you mind if I ask how much it costs! Thanks :)

elliehen, Mar 13, 2:02am
Don't let him out of your sight.he'll be snapped up ;)

suzanna, Mar 13, 6:48am
Mitre 10 sell a spray which is far better than MM. I helped a friend clean a rental and we used this and a blade scraper (the sort that you can peel stickers off windows with) and worked a treat. From memory the spray was Selly's.

shimmygirl, Mar 13, 8:17am
And me. I'm a long long cousin I think.
I clean mine when the house smoke alarm goes off!

suzanna, Mar 14, 6:48am
Mitre 10 sell a spray which is far better than MM. I helped a friend clean a rental and we used this and a blade scraper (the sort that you can peel stickers off windows with) and worked a treat. From memory the spray was Selly's.