Chocolate muffins using chocolate yogurt?

jojo76, Jan 29, 8:58pm
x1
Im after a recipe that uses the above, got yoghurt for the kids, which they won't touch, so want to make muffins from them..Thanks

winnie15, Jan 29, 11:01pm
x1
alison holst muffin book has a recipe for double choc muffins that uses yogurt .. its really good.

kayla, Jan 30, 12:02am
Ooh that sounds like a good idea. I wonder whether you could substitute a natural or berry flavoured yoghurt in chocolate muffins and see how they turn out? Here's my chocolate muffin recipe which uses yoghurt if you decide to go down that path.

1 3/4 c flour
1 c sugar
100g butter
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/4 c cocoa
1 c yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients together. Melt butter, allow to cool. Add milk, egg, yoghurt and vanilla and whisk. Lightly fold into dry ingredients along with choc chips. Bake at 200 for 18-20 mins.

gardie, Jan 30, 12:08am
Remember though, that chocolate 'yoghurt' is usually chocolate dairy food, not yoghurt.They may not turn out quite the same.This is a great recipe though and worth trying.

kayla, Jan 30, 12:22am
Oh sorry I didn't make that very clear did I. I meant swap the yoghurt in the recipe for chocolate yoghurt :)

kayla, Jan 30, 12:29am
Yes, I see what you mean Gardie. I'm not game enough to try the substitution coz I don't want to waste all those ingredients, especially chocolate :D

suie1, Jan 30, 1:44am
You could use it in place of yoghurt but I would cut down on the sugar as dairyfood is a lot sweeter than yoghurt.

kiwi, Aug 18, 12:09pm
I've used a very similar recipe with berry yoghurts before. Raspberry is particularly good, especially if it has lots of chunks of fruit.