Pak n Save Christmas Club

Page 2 / 2
nfh1, Jan 28, 8:11pm
Are New World and PnS franchised?

kay141, Jan 28, 8:12pm
Most are owner operated. Foodstuffs is a co-operative and as such is owned by the members e.g. shop owners.

nfh1, Jan 28, 8:16pm
I see, thanks,so is it a condition that the owners are Kiwi?

kay141, Jan 28, 9:01pm
I don't know about that but I doubt it. I would think they would need to be NZ residents, so if foreign born, they would need a residency permit at least, if not citizenship.

gerry64, Jan 28, 10:29pm
nfh - they are all owned by New Zealanders and many of them contribute a lot to all sorts of charities - but all the profits from Countdown and Woolworths go off shore

toadfish, Jan 28, 10:37pm
Me to... I have picked up a few bits and pieces.. nothing much and think I will do my first major shop next week.... trying to make it into Feb lol

I did realise the connection between New World & Pak n Save... just hadn't seen the option for AP's with New World.

nfh1, Jan 29, 1:36am
So it is a condition of the franchise then that you have to be a New Zealander?Would that include the 4Suare Group as well, because don't they own those franchises as well?

Just being nosey!

nfh1, Jan 29, 1:37am
Yes I can see you would have to have residency, not interested for any reason except it is interesting!

lythande1, Jan 29, 4:29am
I went today. My god, it's gone up. Still, no meat, no veges etc from supermarkets, helps with costs.

melinda1, Jan 29, 5:16am
What does Countdown do for Christmas saving as tey have just bought our our local grocery store?

goodstuff3, Mar 7, 5:17pm
Countdown, Woollies and Foodtown (Progressive Enterprises) also have Xmas Club, but in their case you have to buy Xmas club vouchers at the checkouts (no AP system as yet.)During December to January you receive an extra 5% of the value of your vouchers: they are also valid for 18 months from time of purchase.You are entitled to receive up to five dollars change on your voucher(s) if you don't quite spend the whole amount (per transaction).On a slightly different note, while it is true these supermarkets are Aussie owned, the staff fundraise for two months every year for their charity "Fresh Futures" which supports childrens' wards in hospitals throughout NZ.Last year almost $900,000.00 was raised by the staff in Countdown, Foodtown and Wooliesand has already been passed on to the various hospitals/wards etc ..... WELL DONE!