What to do with a jar of marinated garlic?

stasi21, Jan 24, 12:36am
I have been given a small jar of marinated garlic. Don't really know what to do with it. I havent opened it yet to even see what it tastes like as I don't want it to go off if I dont use it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

helpless, Jan 24, 12:42am
Hectors..Do you never cook Stew or Cassroles or Steak or pickle anything..Throw a half teaspoon or more in any of the above or make some Hummus or a Dahl and chuck it in there..

kiwibubbles, Jan 24, 1:10am
chuck a few cloves in nedxt time you do roast veggies?

timetable, Jan 24, 1:12am
what about making aoli - its so lovely with heaps of different dish's and esepcially on a salad!!have fun!!

jag5, Jan 24, 1:16am
Is it marinated or pickled?I pickle garlic, and chuck it in my salads, slice it up with cold meat....very different from raw garlic.But not sure about marinated...haven't come across that.

tehenga288, Jan 24, 1:26am
do you mean pickled/marinated whole cloves of garlic ?If so it is much milder than fresh & can be used whole or sliced in salads , stirfrys, pasta etc

stasi21, Jan 24, 2:41am
It says marinated on the jar and the ingredients list has...sunflower oil, parsley, mint, rosemary, red pepper, sugar, salt and wine vinegar.

They're whole garlic cloves. Will definitely try to make aioli and also put them in pasta.

Would the garlic work on pizza?

hindsfeet, Jan 24, 3:26am
eat them lol

antoniab, Jan 24, 3:54am
Yeah I would just munch them, or slice up and have with cheese and crackers - love marinated garlic! As children we all used to fight over who got the garlic in Mums pickled gherkins lol

juliewn, Jan 24, 10:45am
They'll be delicious with crackers and/or cheese, add them to an antipasto platter, etc..

kob, Jan 24, 6:12pm
hehe it reminds me I was given a small jar of red capcicum paste, ( was called red capcicum due or something like that)and thought what will i use that for, at xmas I used it as a cracker spread, and man i wish i knew where it was brought from cause after such hesitation it was the bomb eveyone wanted to know what it was and how i made it lolbest kept secret in years

alewis, Feb 28, 6:05pm
I would slice them and put them on pizza bases with a bit of oil, cracked pepper and the tinest throw of cheese - garlic pizza bread yummo think they would be nice in casseroles, mixed in with roast veggies, I think once you open them you will have no trouble eating them at all!!