Agee jar experts please URGENT HELP!

arthurdent2, Feb 19, 7:11am
Does anyone know if Australian Agee jars are the same as ours? In particular the Improved Agee Utility jar. My Australian buyer has said my lids are too large for her Improved Agee Utility jars. One of my NZ buyers had told me that my lids fit the "Improved Agee Utility jars' so I have that info on my auctions. I hope someone here can help me with this info quite soon because I need to reply to this disappointed customer. In my listing I did give the diameter of the jars that my lids fit, however, which is 80mm and her jars would appear to be about 70mm.

buzzy110, Feb 19, 7:16am
arthur - too bad it is Friday. If you do not get an informative response by Monday then I suggest you ring or e-mail Agee themselves. They should be able to sort out any problems and answer every query.

I am surprised that they would make jars with a smaller aperture than what they have as that would make them just that much more difficult to fill cleanly and get what is in them, out (if you get what I mean).

arthurdent2, Feb 19, 9:05pm
Hey, buzzy, I've just seen your food lies thread -agree with you 100%. Good on you for airing this view -particularly as so many of the posts in here are swimming in sugar, low-fat, packaged and refined non-foods. I feel sorry for the many overweight people who have been led to believe that low-fat is the way to go. I'd like to give them all a copy of Jon Gabriel's wonderful book ("The Gabriel Method: Lose weight without dieting") so that they can lose weight easily without the harmful dieting and learn to enjoy the pleasures of 'real' food. I'm going to receive a million dollars from the universe very soon so that I can buy this book in bulk and give one free to everyone who wants one.

buzzy110, Feb 20, 5:04am
Thanks for the encouragement arthurdent. When you win your million dollars could you also include a free copy of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as well. lol

I checked my Agee jars as I have two sorts - the old and the new but they are all the same size. I must keep an eye out for the even newer ones which your thread has drawn attention to. I have had several occasions when I have had to ring Agee themselves and have found them very helpful.

arthurdent2, Feb 20, 6:37am
Well, it seems that they do! I did a google search and came up with this image of an Australian Improved Utility Agee jar: http://oz-riley. hypermart.net/ageeimpq1. jpg

buzzy110, Feb 21, 7:13am
Gosh. I learn something new all the time. I guess you had better alter your addy then to exclude the "Improved" jar. Personally I don't think it has been a good improvement, rather more change for change sake and another way to sell more hardware (lids and seals, etc) but perhaps Australians like the smaller opening.

arthurdent2, Feb 21, 7:36am
I need to find out if there is a NZ Improved jar as one of my buyers said there was, or if she was referring to the Aussie one. But this thread was really just about the Aussie sale I just completed. The buyer has now realised that she didn't notice that the 80mm jar rim on my auction was bigger than the rim on her jars. The urgency is over though, because she has declined my offer of a refund and is going to keep the lids. I didn't need to offer her a refund as my listing was quite clear so that's a relief, really!

buzzy110, Feb 21, 7:44am
I'll be interested to know the outcome. I have got Mason jars with smaller necks but the entire jar is smaller as well.

arthurdent2, Feb 21, 8:13am
I'll post in here when I find out what the situation is :)

melissa, Jul 2, 11:47pm
I am looking for snap lids and rings for jars. I need 80mm size. does this company have them? Agee Australian 80mm ? please help