Roti recipe - easy peasy please

bawetta, Jan 23, 6:08am
Only have white standard and self raising flour.

lindylambchops1, Jan 23, 6:15am
I got this recipe off the TM site by typing in Rotion the lefthand side & anytime in the SEARCH a week or so ago.I made them & they are great & very easy.My lovely Indian friends told me how to make Roti and after a couple of go's I think I have cracked it. Now they taste fantastic and very authentic. They told me to add boiling water to plain bread (or 1/3 wholemeal, 2/3 plain) and mix t get a soft dough. Also add about a tablespoon of plain oil. Knead a few minutes and let sit for about 10-20 mins to relax the gluten. Take golf sized balls off and roll them in flour to get a circle. Cook in a heated pan (pretty hot). They should start to puff up. Make sure you roll them pretty thinly a bit like a pancake. Cook briefly on the other side. Stack up on a plate lined with a couple of handy towels. Delicious and very very easy!

meegs35 (622 )10:21 pm, Sun 26 Sep #9

eastie3, Jan 23, 6:27am
1.5c flour
1tsp cumin seeds
pinch of salt
2 tsp oil
Enough water to knead to a soft dough,boiling waterkeeps the roti soft.
Knead and rest the dough,cut small pieces off and roll out on a floured surface and cook in hot pan.

This yields about 6 or 7 roti,and the recipe can be doubled.I freeze any leftovers.

I often fry some thinly sliced onions in oil with some cumin or garam masala until they are very soft and caramelised.Cool slightly and place on one half of a roti,dampen the edges and fold over,enclosing the onions.Cook in a little oil in a hot pan.Probably not authenticbut sooo delicious.

bawetta, Jan 23, 6:48am
Thank you both

olwen, Jan 23, 6:58am

stjimmy, Feb 23, 12:16pm
To keep the roti moist, dab each side with butter, or oil and store in a container with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.