I f you were going to buy a sandwich what filling?

Page 3 / 3
purplegoanna, Nov 26, 8:33pm
My alltime fav is a club sandwich with crushed drained pineapple, cream cheese, spring onion and ham. . they used to have them in a cafe in hbc and they were devine...

luckyduck, Dec 13, 8:45am
My favorites are cold roast beef, cheese and onion marmalade or if I can get it in NZ, sliced turkey, cream cheese, red onion and avocado. Both are yum.

charli08, Dec 13, 9:09am
On a cold-ish morning in early October 2007 Dad and I had hot crusty rolls with a generous serving of piping hot bacon at the cafe at Stonehenge... . what I wouldn't give for that experience again. Sometimes the plainer sarnies are the best.

cgvl, Dec 13, 10:01am
also cream cheese and ginger, and cream cheese and apricot are really yummy.
Another I love is marmite/vegemite, apple/celery and walnuts.

And I too remember those sandwich bars, got lovely vogels bread and chose the filling, there was one in Ponsonby Rd by Rose Rd.

iamkat, Mar 5, 9:31am
For me the reason I dont buy sandwiches is because I dislike thye butter/marg that is in them for some reason it is always spread so damn thick that it overwhelms the other flavours and leaves an oily slick on my tongue.
I love good curried egg sandwiches

purplegoanna, Mar 5, 9:45am
... ... and in a panini machine use the old fashioned vogels uncut loave and cut them LENGTHWAYS, a 2 slice cheese ham & pinapple toasted vogelsl panini is to die for.

duckmoon, Mar 5, 10:12am
egg and something... egg and ham, bacon and egg, that kind of thing.

andrea1978, Mar 5, 9:29pm
This reminds me of something I used to have with my Persian ex for breakfast... flat bread, feta (not a salty feta), dates and almond slices. It's really nice!

Maybe try researching international flavours and make limited edition sandwiches with flavours from around the globe? I know butter chicken pies are popular now, but what about trying something like this with sandwiches? Not butter chicken obviously, but you know what I mean...

dorothy_vdh, Mar 5, 11:35pm
definitely a good cheese and onion sandwich. Cheese and celery is equally as good
Also cream cheese, gherkin relish and roast beef

goldgurl, Mar 5, 11:52pm
I LOVE whole grain bread, ltos of BEETROOT, cheese and ham. Simple and YUM

elliehen, Oct 4, 6:54pm
Cream cheese, date, ... AND grated carrot :)