Sandwich press or toastie maker .....

sarahb5, Jul 17, 1:35am
Our toastie maker is on its last legs but I am in two minds whether to get a new one or go for a sandwich press. We have had a press before but I like the way toasties are sealed especially if you use runny fillings.

Any suggestions?

245sam, Jul 17, 1:51am
sarahb5, I agree absolutely with you re how the sandwich maker seals the edges of the toasties/sandwiches but IMO it depends on what like to have or hope to have/make the most of... . . toasted sandwiches or items such as paninis? ? :-))

sarahb5, Jul 17, 1:53am
That's true - I don't often buy paninis but that's probably because I don't have anything to toast them on at the moment so its kind of a Catch 22 isn't it? Most toasties are the kids snacking when they get home from school. I like the look of the ones you can grill with as well though because I could do cheese on toast/welsh rarebit without having to use the oven.

Or maybe I could get a George Foreman?

Oh decisions, decisions ...

lindi4, Jul 17, 2:13am
I think my sandwhich press squashes them too flat

me-shell1, Jul 18, 8:16am
toastie maker hands down lol, they are old skol and you can put every thing in them and it wont fall out. yum im addicted to boring cheese and onion at mo hehe.

cap, Jul 19, 4:16am
Honestly I would get both as you can pick up some super cheap ones. I probably use my sandwich press more but I wouldn't be without my toastie maker. I use the sandwich press for more than just toasted sandwiches and paninis and it has a height adjustment thing so as not to squash things.

fisher, Nov 10, 7:05pm
What "Cap" said :}My Breville is also height adjustable...

Toastie maker. . squash a whole boiled spud each side in there that has butter, herbs and salt and pepper over it. . slice of cheese top and bottom (leave out the butter) if ya really keen and dont mind a bit of a cleanup. . hmmm burnt crispy cheese. . hmmmm:}