How can i use up tomato relish? Suggestions Please

Page 2 / 3
tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 22, 10:19pm
The lovely neighbour over our fence keeps giving me yummy vegetables from her garden so im giving away quite a bit to her and her husband. Thanks for all your help guys

greerg, Jan 22, 11:04pm
Now I'm going to have a cheese and tomato relish toasted sandwich for lunch - haven't thought about one since winter.Thanks.Son eats tomato relish so fast that I'm hard pressedto keep enough to last me for casseroles, etc. through winter.

nauru, Jan 22, 11:08pm
I add my tomato relish to my sweet and sour sauce for my stir fries about 2 tablespoons.

elliehen, Jan 22, 11:25pm
Hadn't thought of that.What a good idea!

trading_gibsons, Jan 23, 12:24am
Put it in a Meatloaf or a Curry

lythande1, Jan 23, 12:27am
Well it is a preserve. Why would you rush to use it? Had my last batch now for just overa year, 1 jar left now.

cottagerose, Jan 23, 1:15am
camembert cheese, relish and crackers is one of my favourite snacks

fifie, Sep 29, 2:10am
Just had most gorgeous pinwheel today for lunch the size of a bread and butter plate. Inside was tomato relish, spinach leaves, pan fried bacon pieces and sliced onions, taste of chilli coming through all rolled up with what looked like a dollop of relish on top which had caramalised in the cooking served warm with oodles of butter, very tasty.

rainrain1, Sep 29, 2:26am
Relish and Bacon Pinwheel Scones

Preheat oven 240dC.line tray with baking paper.
Make scone dough with 3 cups selfraising flour
1/2 tsp salt,
50 grams butter diced,
1+1/4 cups milk,
1/2 to 3/4 cup relish,
3-4 rashers bacon diced,
1 cup grated cheese.

Sift flour and salt into large bowl, rub in butter, using a knife mix quickly with the milk,Turn onto lightly floured board and bring together.Roll out to 25X35cm rectangle.Spread with relish, sprinkle bacon and cheese over, then roll up long edge to long edge.Cut into 2cm wide slices and bake 15 min, or until well risen and golden.when the centre pinwheel is split open it should light and well cooked, not doughy

parsondian, Sep 29, 3:47am
tomato relish was the secret ingredient of my mum's sausage rolls.

rainrain1, Sep 29, 4:31am
sounds good

elliehen, Jan 11, 11:12pm
Put the container in the freezer.There will always be a rainy day.

buzzy110, Jan 11, 11:52pm
All cold meats.

Get creative and be prepared to experiment with different tastes. How about cooked cold sausages, split lenghtwise down the middle and filled with relish! Or are you a vegetarian!

In which case there are a 101 and one pulse/legume creations that would go well.

Rice and relish are nice - salad or glutinous rice balls.

I've caught my DH stirring it into plain, unsweetened yoghurt. He looked a bit sheepish about that though.

fifie, Jan 12, 12:00am
Don't be in to big a hurry to use it up it will keep and you can use it heaps of ways throughout winter. Few ideas, Spread it on weiner snitchel before putting onions mushrooms, tomatoes cheese etc on to bake, use in sauces for making winter stews, casseroles,meatballs.pizzas, dips, sandwiches, burgers, patties, savoury pinwheels with pkt of fav dried soup mix then spread relish on roll up and bake,all cold meats, pastry strips spread with relish, grated cheese and baked yummy snacks.

elliehen, Jan 12, 12:13am
If it has plenty of chilli in it, I've got family members who eat it with a spoon from the jar :)

wildflower, Jan 12, 2:58am
I haven't had it in years but it used to be great on the vegie flavoured meal mates, they made an awesome combo.

nabbed, Jan 12, 3:13am
cheese and relish on toast mmmmm.

rainrain1, Jan 12, 5:54am
Do this with it.you can scoop out what you need as it doesn't freeze solid

petal-pickle, Jan 13, 1:47am
Tipsy.
sounds like time to trade some of the relish for something fantastic your friends/neighbours have an excessive amount of.or maybe get down to your local farmers market!

elliehen, Jan 13, 8:08am
Nice in a winter 'toastie pie' too.

greerg, Jan 22, 11:04pm
Now I'm going to have a cheese and tomato relish toasted sandwich for lunch - haven't thought about one since winter.Thanks.Son eats tomato relish so fast that I'm hard pressedto keep enough to last me for casseroles, etc. through winter.

elliehen, Jan 22, 11:25pm
Hadn't thought of that.What a good idea!

lythande1, Jan 23, 12:27am
Well it is a preserve. Why would you rush to use it! Had my last batch now for just overa year, 1 jar left now.

bev00, Sep 28, 12:42pm
some great ideas to relish

punkinthefirst, Sep 29, 3:25am
Yes. but it would have tasted GREAT with a curry. or as a dip.