Convection Oven and Multi Cooker Express

lindylambchops1, Jan 7, 3:48am
Has anyone purchased one of these off TM?They are selling for $95.Wish to know if they are any good.

nauru, Jan 7, 5:49am
These type of ovens are great, not sure about this brand though.
I had an Easicook for over 10 years before it died, it was brilliant. I used it all the time, never bothered to use the big oven.When it died, I decided to savesome $$$ and replace it with the cheaper brand from Countdown, not good as it blew up after a short time.They replaced it with a new one, no questions asked but the thermastat went on it within weeks, I got a refund in the end, again no questions asked.I also found that that brand were not as robust in quality as Easicoook, the cradle which houses the bowl was very flimsy in comparison.
I now have a Zip model which I'm pleased with so far and the quality is on par with Easicook, I bought it at Briscoes.

lindylambchops1, Jan 7, 7:39am
Nauru many thanks for your comments.I guess you get what you pay for!Do you find it saves on your electricity account?Did the Zip one come with a good manual?Thanks!

nauru, Jan 7, 10:14am
Hi Lindy, yep, I agree, you do get what you pay for.Yes, using the convection oven over an ordinary oven definitely made a difference to our power bill.I really noticed the increase in the power bill when I had to use my big oven again until I replaced the convection one. The zip manual is just basic I'm afraid, but I use my Easicook one for times and recipes. I got a replacement manual from Easicook as I lost the original one during a house move, cost about $20, I think.

lindylambchops1, Jan 8, 6:50am
Right thanks for all that.I am keeping my eyes peeled on TM for the EasiCook!Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

nauru, Jan 8, 7:43am
Lindy, there are two listed at the moment, details below,
Listing #: 344601011 Listing #: 344630450

lindylambchops1, Jan 8, 7:52am
Mauru thank you # 344601011 is Pick Up only & in Auckland.I am North Canterbury.# 344630450 is in Wellington & the timer doesn't work & it has cracks!I will keep looking thank you for your help.

lindylambchops1, Jan 8, 8:15am
OOps apologies I meant Naru :S

lindylambchops1, Jan 13, 10:18pm
GRRRRRrrrr Nauru :)