It would be so much fun to open a cafe

Page 1 / 3
vintagekitty, Jan 2, 7:20am
At least you would have nice meals each day

martine5, Jan 2, 7:42am
I think it would be long hours and plenty of stress and red tape for very little reward.If you have great food skills you would eat great meals everyday regardless of owning a food business.

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 7:47am
but if you have a full staff!, but yes. I will stick to eating at them. Maybe cooksessentials will franchise her gorgeous shop.

motorbo, Jan 2, 8:03am
its hard work, but if you do it well, rewarding

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 8:06am
like anything in life

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:11am
MMMmmm, now THERE'S a thought VK!
It keeps me pretty busy thats for sure. Alot of hard work,a few sleepless nights, but hugely rewarding.

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 8:17am
you should do it and then it could fund overseas holidays every 3 months to eat prawns all over the world:)

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:22am
We LOVE prawns

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:23am
Do you like Saurkraut VK?

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 8:26am
eew, no, its bitter and sour

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:31am
How about prawns? hoping to try a good variety soon up in Cairns. They have banana prawns,Crystal Bay ( which are really delicious)
Staying at Trinity Beach which will be great.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:33am
As for a cafe' ( like any business) a cool head, be a little conservative, put some money away for a rainy day and if you are passionate about what you do, it can only be a success. I love what I do, it is my passion.

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 8:34am
when do you leave?

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:39am
13th up to Auckland overnight and fly out 14th away 10 days. Found a gorgeous place to stay 5 star right across from the sea.
http://www.seachange-beachfront-apartments.com/trinity_beach_accommodation.htmspecial Birthday celebrations for my boy

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 8:40am
That looks so lovely, have you been to Thursday Island?

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:40am
I love some fish, crayfish, prawns, scallops ( not too many) but cannot stand oysters,mussels and reall "fishy" fish

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:45am
No. This is my first time to Cairns, we usually go to Noosa ( which we love) DH has been to Cairns before quite a few years ago. Trinity Beach is somewhat quieter which suits us fine. There are fabuous restaurants in Cairns along the pier, trying to plan a special birthday meal for the boy and we have a day trip out to Michelmas Cay on the reef with a seafood buffet lunch they have snorkelling and glass bottom boats etc.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:48am
Just looked up Thursday Island which looks great. Have you been?

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:50am
Mangoes are the other things I am hanging out for...I adore them. When we are in Noosa, we have them every morning for breakfast. You can buy them fresh at Eumundi Market 3 for $5 and they are huge,sweet and juicy.

vintagekitty, Jan 2, 8:51am
No, I havent. I wanted to last time I was in Cairns but didnt have enough time. I have friends that have and ive seen their photos, it looks great. One day!

You are going to have such a good time, do you have someone who looks after the shop?

toeblister, Jan 2, 8:52am
cookessentials I wish you a very Happy New year and trust you will have a fantastic holiday with your husband. (Trinity Island has wow written all over it!)What we will do without you for 10 days...........Thank you for all your help with my cooking over 2010. I'm sure I will be looking for your help on your return :)

elliehen, Jan 2, 9:05am
vintagekitty, the problem with owning a cafe is the wastage of good food.I couldn't bear to see food go to the skip or the pigs :(

0800xford, Jan 2, 9:24am
the pig farmer appreciates it, trust me.

motorbo, Jan 2, 9:35am
have a fabulous holiday cookes, have you ever tried oysters with balsamic vinegar, i ask as ive never been a big fan, but had one the other day and the balsamic cleans your palate after it, very very nice!! i do like mussels too when im in the mood but im not keen on fishy fish.

elliehen, Jan 2, 9:37am
Have a mango for me, cookessentials - my favourite fruit, even if the fibres do get all tangled in your teeth ;)