Good cafe for Breakfast?

vandewc, Apr 19, 8:17am
Does anyone know of a cafe that is still open that does a great breakfat menu.
Thanks

kate777, Apr 19, 8:22am
Sure. Where?

vandewc, Apr 19, 8:27am
sorry. Christchurch

katalin2, Apr 19, 8:39am
Vic's Cafe Victoria St; Meshinos Rutland St; Oddfellows Selwyn St- have been to all 3 recently. Brigid's in Merivale also good.

winnie231, Apr 19, 8:42am
Yes ... and don't let the address put you off ... it's in an industrial area. They are an unexpected gem and their eggs benedict are AMAZING!
Castle Rock Cafe, 21 Mary Muller Drive, Heathcote, Christchurch.

martine5, Apr 19, 8:50am
I went to beauvias on the weekend and was seriously impressed with the food.
Here is my dineout review
http://www.dineout.co.nz/restaurant.php?rest=8397&Restaurant=Beauvais#review53032
But I also love Vics and oddfellows but not meshino

kate777, Apr 19, 9:51am
Addington Coffee Co-op. Fantastic food, great service, great coffee and the milkshakes come in old school milk bottles.

Last time I went there was half an hour before the Feb earthquake and I was wondering how the place fared considering there was a ton of stuff hanging from the roof and walls.

sniper03, Apr 19, 11:16am
yep SOPHIES! everytime i'm up in chch thats where i head i love the place : )

greerg, Apr 20, 3:53am
The Addington Coffee Coop still there but incredibly busy when we tried to got heir the other day.A place called Beat Street got an excellent writeup in this morning's Press (Zest P8).Corner of Armagh and Barbadoes.The cordon has been raised there now and it's great to support centre city businesses.I think we'll try it in the weekend.

litedelites, Apr 20, 10:46pm
Drexels is always good - Riccarton, but may pay to book.If you are looking at later start for breaky both Beach Cafe and Salt on the Pier, in North Beach/Brighton area, open at 9 and are good.