Wanted: simple recipe for Chocolate Slice

bedwarmer, Dec 31, 9:36pm
Hi. I'm a guy trying to find the recipe for a very simple (so simple that even I can make it without stuffing-up) chocolate slice that I was taught when I went to Intermediate School.

I've written to my old Intermediate School hoping they could pass on the recipe, but I have had no reply.

I believe the recipe involved: flour, sugar, butter, cocoa and baking powder.

I definitely do NOT want a recipe with coconut, which seriously reduces the range of slices, lol.

I have used the search function to look through the Recipe message board for chocolate slices. A few come close, but nothing is quite right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 9:38pm
Is it a baked one or one you refrigerate?

bedwarmer, Dec 31, 9:55pm
Baked.

paghan, Dec 31, 10:01pm
Mu Grandma gave this one to me in 1994, and I remember her making it when I was a child

1/4 lb butter (melted), 1 small teacup sugar, 1 egg, 1 large breakfast cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 c chopped nuts, 1 c sultanas, 1 TBSP cocoa, 1 desert spoon milk

Mix everything except milk, lastly add milk
Press flat into tin, bale at 150 until cooked, ice and cut while hot.

You could leave out the sultanas and nuts.

bedwarmer, Dec 31, 10:16pm
Thank you.

But, what is a "teacup"?

fruitluva2, Dec 31, 10:30pm
Thanx paghan, I will try the recipe too for son who doesn't like coconut.

bedwarmer, Jan 1, 5:54am
Can anyone confirm that a "small teacup" is a cup?

melford, Jan 1, 6:13am
a small teacup is a cup

bedwarmer, Jan 1, 6:23am
I figured as much, I just wondered why they used different terminology within the same recipe (I'm a lawyer - we obsess over this sort of thing lol)

jenner4, Jan 1, 6:24am
Remember the cups that Nana would get out when Visitors came for a cup of tea , fine looking not as big as the every day cup , looked silly in big Uncle Johns hand and one long draw and the cup was empty and Auntie Mary held the cup by the handle with a finger sticking out , well that is a tea cup

bedwarmer, Jan 1, 6:27am
Yeah, but where are the cucumber sandwiches?

petal1955, Jan 1, 6:32pm
You will need to make those :-)))))

bedwarmer, Jan 2, 1:26am
I baked this last night.

I left out the nuts and sultanas, and got the measurements for the teacups and breakfast cups completely wrong, and I had no idea how long to bake it, (so I baked it for 40 minutes).

It turned out great. Thank you!

jpmarketing, Jan 2, 3:30am
It doesnt really matter what size cup or mug that you use. Just make sure you use the same one for your milk, sugar, flour etc.
Things should turn out pretty much the same.

fruitluva2, Jan 2, 5:14am
What's 1/4 lb in metric weights? 25g?

firefly001, Dec 29, 8:11am
125 gm