Glazed carrots

jubre, Dec 23, 12:06am
I usewd to have a recipe for doing carrots a bit different for xmas dinner.I think it had orange raro etc in it. Has anyone got anything interesting for me to try.

gardie, Dec 23, 12:13am
I just cook the carrots then drain when tender, throw in a dollop of butter and a teaspoon or 2 of brown sugar then saute altogether till carrots coated.Sorry - dont have anything more exciting.

245sam, Dec 23, 12:31am
jubre, carrots can be substituted in the following recipe in place of the peas.....

PEAS IN ORANGE SAUCE - always popular in our house

2-3 cups (310g-465g) frozen peas
1 tbsp sugar
1-2 tsp cornflour
½ tsp each of salt and grated orange rind
½ cup orange juice
2 tbsp butter

Cook the peas in a small amount of unsalted boiling water, then drain them well.
Meanwhile, in a microwave-proof bowl mix the sugar, cornflour, salt and orange rind. Gradually mix in the orange juice. Cook on 100% power/HIGH until thickened and just boiling, stirring every 1 minute. Add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Reheat the sauce if necessary, then add the peas and stir through gently. Reheat again if necessary, then serve.
Note: This sauce freezes really well so it can be convenient to make twice the above recipe and freeze half of the sauce for later use.

Hope that helps.:-))

jubre, Dec 23, 1:49am
thank you for these.

margyr, Dec 23, 1:55am
this is a nice salad, Ingredients
2 pounds carrots, sliced 1 stalk celery, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped 1 onion, chopped 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar 2/3 cup white sugar
Directions
Bring a pot of water to boil, add carrots and boil until the carrots are just tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain well.
In a mixing bowl combine the celery, green pepper, carrots and onion.
Bring tomato soup, oil, vinegar and sugar to a boil. Stir well. Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the mixture over the vegetables, mix until all of the vegetables are coated. Marinate this salad overnight before serving.

margyr, Dec 23, 1:56am
I also love roast carrots, perhaps roast and in the last 15 mins or so pour over some, melted butter, brown sugar, orange juice and turn the heat up so they caramelise.

petal1955, Dec 23, 2:06am
GLAZED CARROTS

Cooked carrots that have been cut diagonally

1 tbsp honey

1 tbsp brown sugar

pinch dry mustard powder

pinch cayenne pepper

melt those until slightly melted add carrots and toss with some parsley

geldof, Dec 23, 2:40am
-Tossed in freshly grated ginger and butter once cooked.

-Tossed with toasted cumin seeds

christne, Dec 23, 2:44am
Dear god - NO!!!!

ibcreative, Dec 23, 2:48am
I do mine the same but also add a squeeze of orange juice. Yummy!

245sam, Dec 23, 12:31am
jubre, carrots can be substituted in the following recipe in place of the peas.

PEAS IN ORANGE SAUCE - always popular in our house

2-3 cups (310g-465g) frozen peas
1 tbsp sugar
1-2 tsp cornflour
½ tsp each of salt and grated orange rind
½ cup orange juice
2 tbsp butter

Cook the peas in a small amount of unsalted boiling water, then drain them well.
Meanwhile, in a microwave-proof bowl mix the sugar, cornflour, salt and orange rind. Gradually mix in the orange juice. Cook on 100% power/HIGH until thickened and just boiling, stirring every 1 minute. Add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Reheat the sauce if necessary, then add the peas and stir through gently. Reheat again if necessary, then serve.
Note: This sauce freezes really well so it can be convenient to make twice the above recipe and freeze half of the sauce for later use.

Hope that helps.:-))

margyr, Dec 23, 1:55am
this is a nice salad, Ingredients
2 pounds carrots, sliced 1 stalk celery, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped 1 onion, chopped 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar 2/3 cup white sugar
Directions
Bring a pot of water to boil, add carrots and boil until the carrots are just tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain well.
In a mixing bowl combine the celery, green pepper, carrots and onion.
Bring tomato soup, oil, vinegar and sugar to a boil. Stir well. Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the mixture over the vegetables, mix until all of the vegetables are coated. Marinate this salad overnight before serving. Keep in jars in the fridge lasts about 10 days.

christne, Dec 23, 2:44am
Dear god - NO!

bev00, Dec 23, 10:16am
yummy carrot ideas