How to make Baileys

Page 1 / 2
lindylambchops1, Aug 6, 12:27am
I just made this.can't wait to try it!

dollmakernz, Aug 6, 11:10am
lindylambchops, it's sooooo nice! Bet it doesn't last long!

hyborn, Dec 16, 5:47am
I have done a search and found 1 recipe on here but its not the one I remember who here has a recipe that they would share thanks

245sam, Dec 16, 5:56am
hyborn, have a look amongst the Trademe Cooks recipes that can be accessed/downloaded from:-

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm

Scroll to the bottom of that page, then amongst the TMC recipes look for the section "Everything Drinkable.....", then the thread "Spirits & Liquer Recipes" - there are several recipes there and hopefully, the one that you recall.:-))

tarankyle, Dec 16, 6:00am
4 Eggs

1 can condensed milk

300ml cream

½ tablespoon coffee

Mix together, don’t whip the cream thou

Add to taste.Or till there is a bite to it

Coconut essence

Vanilla essence

And if you like add Chocolate essence

Then add 16oz whiskey/bourbon

Put in the fridge and chill

tarankyle, Dec 16, 6:02am
and I made this last night;

Kahlua
3 c. water
3 c. sugar
8 tbsp. Folger's instant coffee
1 pt. or 2 c. vodka (brandy may be used)
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine water, sugar and coffee over low heat in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Skim any foam that rises to the surface. Stir in vodka and vanilla.
Mix all ingredients together and serve.

hyborn, Dec 16, 7:45am
thanks guys. 245sam I dont seem to be able to open the file you are talking about not sure why but thanks anyway

245sam, Dec 16, 7:53am
hyborn, I have downloaded the recipes that are available as advised at #2.Here, from my own files, are those recipe options for Baileys....

BAILEYS
•posted by stormbaby
1 tsp each ofcoffeeandvanilla essence
½ tsp coconut essence
2 tbsp Milo
1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 sweetened condensed milk can of whisky
1 egg, beaten
300 ml cream

Dissolve the coffee, vanilla and coconut essence and Milo in a small amount of hot water.Add the condensed milk, whisky and beaten egg.Shake or mix well.Add the cream and mix again.Store in the refrigerator.“Lovely over ice.”
Makes 1 litre.

•posted by stormbaby
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp peppermint extract
½ tsp coconut essence
2 tbsp chocolate syrup
210ml (7oz) whiskey

Blend all the ingredients, except the whiskey, with a beater.Add the whiskey and beat for at least 1 minute and no more than 2 minutes.Store in the refrigerator.Pour over ice.

•posted by benhaggis
300ml cream
1 x 395g can condensed milk
3 eggs
1½ cups whiskey
1 tbsp chocolate sauce
¼ tsp almond or coconut essence

Mix together well, then bottle (keep in fridge!!).
Makes approximately 1 litre.

Baileys Cream Whiskey
•posted by kennymac
300ml cream
1 cup water, (optional)
2 tsp instant coffee
3 eggs
1½ cups whiskey

Blend all the ingredients together.
Makes approx. 1125ml without the water – “I find it is nicer without the water” - kennymac.

•posted by shot_gav
1 x 375ml can evaporated milk
2 tsp glycerine
just under 1 tbsp instant coffee
1½ cups whiskey
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla essence

Whisk everything for 10 minutes.This keeps well in the refrigerator and just needs a good shake as it settles.It fills a 1125ml spirits bottle or a 1•5 litre soft drink bottle nicely.

Irish Cream 'Better Than Baileys'
•posted by whiskey13
1 cup whiskey
¾ cup rum
600ml whipping cream
2 eggs
1 tbsp each ofchocolate syrupandvanilla essence

Mix all the ingredients, except cream, use handheld beater. After all ingredients are mixed add cream, mix well but don't over mix too much after adding cream, it will froth too much and leave a head. Keep in a good sealed container after it's been sitting.

Hope that helps.:-))

wheelz, Dec 16, 9:21am
I only once managed to open a file on the trade me cooking site, and then it was a nightmare to navigate . I find Google heaps easier, especially with the added bonus of using the 'image' option.

kuaka, Dec 16, 10:14am
Baileys:

3/4 cup whisky
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 litre vanilla ice cream
2 tsp powdered instant coffee
14 tsp chocolate essense
1/4 tsp caramel essence

Combine all ingredients and beat with egg beat or mixer.

Yum!

juliewn, Dec 16, 12:50pm
Hi.. For those preferring a non-alcoholic drink - and for Kid's.. leave the alcohol out.. and make as per the rest of the recipe.. keep in your fridge and use within a few days..

Making half a recipe works well too, if you wouldn't finish a full recipe within a few days..

Cheers..

janny3, Dec 16, 2:07pm
I have looked for the vanilla icecream Bailey's recipes for year. Thanks.

Anymore!

claire30, Dec 16, 6:41pm
From the Chelsea Sugar Website
Coffee Cream Liqueur
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups vodka
1/2 cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
4 Tbsp sweetened coffee essence
1 tsp coconut essence
1 can sweetened condensed milk
600ml cream
Method

Mix vodka, Caster sugar, coffee essence, coconut essence and condensed milk in a blender.
Mix in the cream and pour into a large clean bottle. Store in the fridge.
Serve chilled over ice as an after dinner liqueur. Keeps refrigerated for up to 10 days.
I will have this in the frig over Xmas!

hyborn, Dec 17, 10:47pm
Hi there - thanks so much for that will give them a go!! and see which is the nicest lol thanks again

daleaway, Dec 17, 11:40pm
There's no coffee in actual Baileys.
I am sensitive to coffee and couldn't drink it if there was any in it, and I like Baileys!

The recipe I used to use just has coconut essence, chocolate essence (or syrup), and whiskey for flavourings. It tasted absolutely authentic.

hyborn, Dec 18, 12:10am
cheers thanks daleaway

cookessentials, Dec 18, 12:13am
I used to have a gorgeous Jo Seagar Christmas book which had the recipe in it. She used chocoloate extract from memory.

tehenga288, Dec 19, 8:24am
I'm like daleaway can't stand anything with coffee I too usechocolate syrup & coconut essence.
Just remember it's best not to give anything with with uncooked egg to pregnant women notwithstanding they shouldn't be drinking alcohol anyway.

hyborn, Dec 19, 9:37am
We might be making a batch for friday night along with eggnog!!

fishheadsoup, Dec 19, 6:37pm
NOOOOOO! which one 2 make?! ahhhhh!

dollmakernz, Dec 20, 4:55am
This recipe came from a South African friend and its sooooo YUM! I make a big batch and keep it in a 2l milk bottle in the fridge. Its great, just take it out of the fridge and shake. Just like a milkshake with booze! LOL! It doesn't usually get to stay in the fridge for too long as it disappears in a hurry.
Giggle Juice

250ml whiskey, 250ml cream, 250mls condensed milk, 1Tbsp cocoa, 3-4 drops almond essence, 3 eggs. Mix altogether in a blender and store in the fridge. I actually find this a bit strong so usually add a bit more condensed milk and cream!

lindylambchops1, Aug 6, 12:27am
I just made this.can't wait to try it!

dollmakernz, Aug 6, 11:10am
lindylambchops, it's sooooo nice! Bet it doesn't last long!

kenno, Aug 6, 11:56am
Try your local HomeBrew shop. You can buy the essence there and use UHT cream. This will keep without refridgeration and tastes great.

245sam, Dec 16, 5:56am
hyborn, have a look amongst the Trademe Cooks recipes that can be accessed/downloaded from:-

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm

Scroll to the bottom of that page, then amongst the TMC recipes look for the section "Everything Drinkable.", then the thread "Spirits & Liquer Recipes" - there are several recipes there and hopefully, the one that you recall.:-))