How to make Chai infusion.

lindylambchops1, Mar 29, 8:54am
Would that be 1 tablespoon of black!Tea!

Thanks

marcs, Mar 29, 9:06am
Yes it would be lindy

lindylambchops1, Mar 29, 9:25am
Thanks marcs

angela137, Mar 30, 12:55am
you can buy a packet of Masala from most indian shops and it is a ready mix of the spices and its abut $4 for a small box but you only need a quarter of a teaspoon (depending how spicy you like it) and mix in milk and tea and honey to your liking, I sometimes omit the tea or reuse a tea bag but just have loads of milk and froth it up if you can.

lindylambchops1, Mar 30, 2:13am
Thanks for that, sounds good too!

chrisran, Aug 18, 8:06pm
Does anyone have a recipe to make Chai tea! There are store bought infusions but I want to make my own combination of flavours. How is it made!

cookessentials, Aug 18, 9:47pm
You can buy a good "proper" chai tea which is black tea, cardamom pods, pepper, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, star anise. Most of the store bought infusions are not that nice, however, I can vouch for this particular one.it is by Tleaf Tea and you can buy it online. I drink it regularly.
If you want to make a chai latte, it is done on the stove top in a saucepan with hot milk and the tea added and slowly boiled and simmered. Served with runny honey on the side.

If you still wish to make your own, you will need to purchase the above and play around with it until you get the right combination.

cookessentials, Aug 18, 9:51pm

marcs, Aug 19, 1:41am
I use lots of fennel seeds as my base and then add cardimon pods crush up, cinamon quill broken up, and whole cloves and peper corns if you want. The last 4 ingredents are not much so that when you use a hand full of mixture you only see a few in there. Use cloves very spareingly (sp) because they are very strong. I mix them up and keep in a air tight container to use when I need. I thin the ratio should be around 3 tbs of fennel to 1/2 tsp of the other ingredients and about 3 whole cloves and around the same for peper corns. Crush up pepper slightly if you can to get flavour.

marcs, Aug 19, 1:42am
Here is another one

2cm piece of ginger
5cm piece cinnamon stick
4 pepercorns
3 cloves
3 cardimom pods
1 tbs of black
1 cup milk
and sugar

marcs, Aug 19, 1:43am
I have been thinking about making chai infused cream brulee on day with the first mixture.

chrisran, Aug 19, 7:14am
Many thanks. Will try the angelfire infusion first and see how it goes. Yum.

cookessentials, Aug 22, 8:15am
How did you get on with the angelfire infusion chrisran!