ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PANELS

sharleenlynch1, Apr 7, 5:10am
x1
Hi, im trying to find someone who can talk me through making chocolate panels for around a cake....(the things I sign up for with friends and family)!

grandma, Apr 7, 5:41am
A bit ambitious for me, but I have seen a friend do it.She melt cooking chocolate (either dark or melts), spread the individual shapes in a thin layer over gladwrap, left it on the cool bench until it set.She then carefully pulled a knife gently under the shapes and stuck them onto the edge of the cake with icing.The shapes she used were like Chocolate Thin biscuits and she put them on the cake like a close picket fence (if that makes sense!)Not sure though whether she put anything onto the gladwrap before the chocolate shapes - hope someone can let you know.Good luck!

nicski, Apr 7, 5:45am
I usually use baking paper- bit thicker than glad wrap, I'd have thought the choc would've melted the plastic? Grease proof would work as well. You can thin the choc with a bit of kremelta or similar

chicco2, Apr 7, 6:00am
Use a strip of baking paper, doubled and the correct depth (height) of the slabs.
Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate along the strip. Leave a few seconds to set a bit. Then spread a second, thicker layer over the first one. Leave few minutes to nearly set. Using a large sharp knife and a ruler., cut the slabs, angle the tops if desired. Leave to set properly. Remove and attach to the cake using melted chocolate.Wrap with a gorgeous ribbon.take a look at the cake on the 1st page. Is this what you want?
http://www.ediblecreations.co.nz/

245sam, Apr 7, 6:16am

sharleenlynch1, Apr 8, 5:10am
Hi, im trying to find someone who can talk me through making chocolate panels for around a cake.(the things I sign up for with friends and family)!

nicski, Apr 8, 5:45am
I usually use baking paper- bit thicker than glad wrap, I'd have thought the choc would've melted the plastic! Grease proof would work as well. You can thin the choc with a bit of kremelta or similar

chicco2, Apr 8, 6:00am
Use a strip of baking paper, doubled and the correct depth (height) of the slabs.
Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate along the strip. Leave a few seconds to set a bit. Then spread a second, thicker layer over the first one. Leave few minutes to nearly set. Using a large sharp knife and a ruler., cut the slabs, angle the tops if desired. Leave to set properly. Remove and attach to the cake using melted chocolate.Wrap with a gorgeous ribbon.take a look at the cake on the 1st page. Is this what you want!
http://www.ediblecreations.co.nz/