How to make sourdough bread starter and bread ?

annies3, Oct 2, 3:04am
We have made our own bread for many years probably on our third bread maker but would love to know how to make the sourdough type of bread, can it be made in a bread maker as well ?

harrislucinda, Oct 2, 3:40am
orputsourdough in thesearchboxkeyword andanytimealotof threadstheremayhelp also

mt-deap, Oct 2, 4:14am
I make all our bread to the sour dough 'recipe' listed in the above listed thread.I do use the bread maker - but only on the pizza 'dough' setting.Then I split the dough and put into loaf tins and leave to rise before baking.Yummy :)

annies3, Oct 2, 6:19am
Thanks very much enough here to work on.

buzzy110, May 4, 11:13am
http://www.io.com/~sjohn/sour.htm

annies3 - that thread is way too long and if you really want to get started without having to plough through all those posts then just go to this site. It is the site I used to get started and has a brilliant, easy bread recipe to make.

Once you can make the simple loaf in that site you can then continue to use the same recipe, but instead of just using plain flour you can use whatever flour, or mixtures of flours, grains and meal that you want.

I no longer use the sugar in the recipe as it is not required.

Scan through the thread if you want and look for posts from beaker. He put up an excellent ciabatta recipe which has proven to be a hit amongst those who have tried it.