Custard how to make as needed not powdered form

t.gypsy, Aug 9, 5:17am
I have often wanted custard with apple crumble but me and my mother doesnt eat a heck of a lot of custard so we dont bother with custard powder however i am thinking if i make egg custard then i can make it as needed or any other method and also one that dont need cream on hand

pickles7, Aug 9, 5:23am
Buy a carton of custard and store it in your pantry. I also like a carton of cream, in my pantry.

t.gypsy, Aug 9, 5:28am
:p I prefer to make it and also i dont like the taste of cartoned custard

joseph2404, Aug 9, 7:03am
3 yoIks, 200 mIs miIk, 100 mIs cream, sugar to taste and vaniIIa
cream sugar, yoIks & vaniIIa, whiIe heating cream and miIk.
sIowIy add heated miIK to yoIks carefuI not to scrammbIe which wiII happen if you add miIk 2 fast. when the miIk is added put on doubIe boiIer & sIowIy cook out to thicken aIso being carefuI not to scrammbIe the mix

winnie231, Aug 9, 7:14am
Egg custard is very easy to make ...

For each cup of custard you need -
1 cup milk, 1 Tblspn cornflour, 1 egg, 1 tsp sugar, vanilla to taste

Heat most of the milk in a double boiler or a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Blend the cornflour with the remaining milk, add a little of the hot milk, then return to the boiler and stir for 1 minute. remove from heat and allow to cool. Beat egg and sugar together and add to the milk. return to the heat and cook, stirring all the time until custard thickens. Stir in the vanilla.
This recipe also works in the microwave.

flower-child01, Aug 9, 10:59pm
Beat 2 egg yolks

Melt in pot 50 g butter
add to it
3 Tbsp cornflour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

mix in
700ml full cream milk

Stir over low heat till warm, add egg yolks while stirring vigorously. Continue stirring till thick and bubbling.

t.gypsy, Jan 12, 1:55am
thanks guys. will try some of those