Yorkshore pudding and the gravy.HOW TO MAKE EM

noddy26, Dec 14, 4:11am
THE OLD FASHION GRANNY WAY ANY ONE REMEMBER

harrislucinda, Dec 14, 4:27am
myfriendswereenglishandhermumalwaysdiditinthemeatpanfrom aroastthenmadethegraveyaskidsiaskmyfriendto askhermum cani stay for teaasitwasyummmm

elliehen, Dec 14, 4:34am
A re-posting of a re-post :)

fallenangel2107, Dec 14, 8:00am
Aunt Bettys Yorshires are as good as home made. As for gravey this is how we do it.....Roast meat with a little added beef dripping. When meat cooked stir thru some flour to make a paste. Add salted potato water stirring all the time. The gravey browning for colour....voila....yummmmm

iamkat, Dec 14, 9:16am
1 cup flour
2 eggs
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 c water
put all in a bowl andbeat with electric beaters for 2 mins then sit to rest for half an hour.
Heat oven to 180C place muffin tin with a knob of fat or 1/2 tsp of oil and heat til very hot then pour mix into tins - half filling cos they will puff up a lot and cook for approx 15-20 mins or until golden and puffy looking

I dont lke lots of grease so I spray the tins and only use about a 1/4 tsp oil in and they still turn out great - I like to use chlli oil but I am a little weird!
I'll leave the gravy to the other experts!

porthills, Dec 14, 9:32am
I was told by my MIL, who makes great yorkshire puds (scotty/pom) to mix a dessertspoon of boiling water into the mix just before you put them in the oven - dont know why but thats supposed to be 'the secret'. The first time I made them to her recipe (which is probably the same as above, cant remember) they came out perfect. Now I buy Aunt Betty's which are not as good but handy to have in the freezer. Must make them again.

cookessentials, Dec 14, 1:54pm
Not as good as my Mummy's ones and she is from Yorkshire.

porthills, Oct 28, 7:19am
same MIL was from Yorkshire too