Gravy for Roast pork

tarshlove, Jul 13, 5:19am
Okay so I would like a really nice gravy for roast post... . Does anyone have one to share TYIA

lx4000, Jul 13, 6:17am
with or without meat juices water from cooking

*carrot and swede, broccoli, cauliflower, *silverbeet, cabbage, brushel sprouts, *pumpkin + mushed pumpkin.

Add mashed pumpkin to your pot with veggie water (* equals a must)

Add soy sauce, whist sauce, a bit of tomato sauce and vegemite 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. Bring to a gentle boil.

In a container mix flour and water to a thickish paste.

Add flour and water mix while stirring all the time to prevent lumps. If you get lumps, whisk them out)

Cook for 10 to 15 mins to cook the flour. Add salt and pepper to taste:)

(barloo)

gaspodetwd, Jul 13, 6:28am
Cook 2 large sticks of celery , about 3 large onions and a big carrot around the roast. You can add a couple of cooking apples too. Cook the roast as normal (season well) and use bay leaf/ sage as you would normally. At the end - take out the roast and deglaze the pan with hot water - take all the veges and water/stock and run through a fine sieve - push the vege bits through. Return the thick liguid to the pan - slake some cornflour and add - whisking. Simmer for 3 minutes and taste - reduce to consistency and taste required. easy - honest!

karenz, Oct 23, 12:06pm
I just stir some cornflour into the juices from the roast and add water a little at a time along with a little good dark soy sauce like kiikkoman and a splash of white wine (if there is some on hand but not entirely necessary) I also sometimes cook onions and garlic with the roast, but if not I add crumbled dried garlic and onion flakes (good quality ones from Davis Trading or the Spice Rack in Petone). You won't need salt but may like to add a little pepper. Of course you cook precook onion and garlic rather than use flakes but I don't find it makes a huge amount of difference. I also rub the pork roast with Chinese 5 spice and this flavour also gets into the gravy.