Astars Rocky road Cheesecake

popeye333, Dec 12, 4:43am
Has anyone made it, and can they please tell me if they used hot water or cream to dissolve the gelatin..

Cos on the goodmorning website it had water in the ingredient list but cream in the method.

Thanks.

nik12, Dec 12, 4:57am
I don't know that recipe - but is the cream whipped?
My one, you put the gelatin in 1/4C hot water, and add that when you beating the cream cheese.
I've never seen a recipe where you'd put the gelatin in cream, unless perhaps you warm the cream first?

popeye333, Dec 12, 5:00am
In the ingredient list it says for the gelatin to be added to hot water.

But then in the method it says to add the cream and gelatin mixture.

Im trying to remember what I saw them do with it.

I reckon Ill go with water, I dont think theres any need for more fattening stuff in it lol

gardie, Dec 12, 7:29am
Soften the gelatin with hot water then add it with the cream to the rest of the ingredients.Just use a small amount of water, enough to soften the gelatin.I think when it says gelatin mixture it means the gelatin and water mix.

245sam, Dec 12, 7:36am
popeye333, I don't recall what Astar did on GM but at the time I actually thought she was in such a hurry that what she was doing sounded confusing.
IMO the best thing to do with the gelatine would be to allow the gelatine to swell in cold water, then heat the gelatine and water (either in the m'wave or in a dish/saucepan of hot water), and add the dissolved gelatine-water mixture to the recipe.I have made many cheesecakes that actually include these instructions regarding the gelatine in the recipes.

Hope that helps.:-))

popeye333, Oct 22, 3:10am
Thanks 245sam.

The one I usually make has a lemon jelly in it...

This cheesecake looks very rich so I might even just make a half one.