HELP ASAP PLEASE, cheesecake filling

birdie211, Nov 30, 7:08am
Hi all im doing my bday shout tomorrow, making a lemon cheesecake, just made the base, now in the fridge chilling, just went to make the filling and argh just realise i dont have sour cream, i have

500gr phil cream cheese

but in cupboard i have eggs, milk, marg (no butter), condensied milk suger and other staples

does anyone have a filling recipe please, thanks heaps

ifonly, Nov 30, 7:28am
Hi, The cheesecake I make is the jelly one.But I think you have to have cream.You make up a jelly with 1 cup of water (cool), beat the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Beat cream.Mix jelly, cream and cream cheese mixtures together and pour onto the base.

245sam, Nov 30, 7:44am
birdie211, do you have any gelatine and lemons?
Here's the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake.....

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too. :-))

birdie211, Nov 30, 8:04am
thanks guys i had no replies lol so went snooping at old threads, mae the filling of 250gr cream cheese, 125gr sugar and 4eggs lemon juice, beat it then bake at 150 until set, but it never said how long to cook it for.Hopefully it works argh

wasala, Sep 18, 7:05am
This is a frozen cheesecake I've made several times:

250g packet gingernut biscuits, crumbled
75g butter, melted
500g cream cheese
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup raspberries

1. Mix biscuit crumbs and butter together and press onto the base of a plastic cling film-lined 20cm spring-form cake pan.

2. Beat cream cheese, condensed milk and lemon juice together until smooth.

3. Heat sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved. Mash berries and add to sugar syrup.

4. Pour cream cheese mixture over biscuit crumbs and then, using a knife, gently swirl through the raspberry syrup.

5. Cover tightly and then freeze until firm.

6. To serve, remove spring-form pan sides and invert onto a plate, then remove base and cling film. Place serving plate on base and turn right side up.

Tip! Try other berries in this dessert, either fresh or frozen