Passionfruit Curd

hilt_dwane, Nov 30, 4:35am
I bought some Barkers Passionfruit Curd at Pak n Save recently, it is SO yummy I'd love to make some. Does anyone have a recipe to share?

245sam, Nov 30, 4:48am
hilt_dwane, here's a couple of recipes from Trademe Cooks.....

Passionfruit Curd
• thanks to rkcroft
4 eggs+2 egg yolks
½ cup caster sugar
¾ cup passionfruit pulp =6-8 passionfruit
125g cold butter, cubed

Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a microwave jug or bowl.Whisk until well combined.Add the passionfruit pulp and butter and stir.Microwave, uncoveredonMEDIUMfor6-10 minutes,whisking every minute or until thick enough to coat a spoon.Pour into sterilised jars and seal.Refrigerate to cool.

• thanks to pam.delilah, 26-01-08
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups superfine sugar
6oz passionfruit pulp
5 large eggs, beaten

Place the butter and sugar in the top section of a double saucepan or metal bowl, and set over a saucepan of simmering water.Allow them to combine and melt together, stirring from time to time until smooth, about 15 minutes.Whisk in the beaten eggs and passionfruit pulp, then cook the mixture over a medium heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon - do not allow it to boil, otherwise it will curdle.Cool to room temperature, cover the surface with plastic wrap, then refrigerate until chilled.Keeps for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.:-))

vintagekitty, Nov 30, 4:59am
OMG, isnt it the best!, I currently have 5 jars in my pantry as the stocks were looking low today. I made some, but it didnt taste as good personally.

hilt_dwane, Sep 17, 6:45pm
Thanks so much for these, I have a lot of pulp in the freezer so will get on and make it