Sausage & apple pie with potato top recipe?

bo0tsey, Nov 2, 7:24pm
Does anyone have a recipe for this?

I made it years and years ago for my dad out of a cook book at his place, it was delish. Wonder if there are similar ideas out there

moderne.ms, Nov 2, 9:12pm
it's an Alison Holst recipe - yummo!I'm on my way out, but if no-one has posted it for you when I get back, I'll put it here :)

245sam, Nov 2, 9:37pm
x1
this one bo0tsey?

Alison Holst's SAUSAGE AND POTATO PIE

For 4-6 servings:
1 Kg (6 medium) potatoes
2 medium onions
1 Kg sausagemeat or sausages
2 tbsp each offlourandbrown sugar
2 tsp curry powder
1 x 400g can apples or 425g can Mexican, Italian or Savoury tomatoes
1 tbsp butter
freshly ground black pepper
½ cup milk
½-1 cup grated cheese

Peel the potatoes, cut into small pieces, and cook in a pot of lightly salted water.
Cut peeled onions into thin wedges.Sprinkle about half the onion into a roasting pan or a large shallow baking dish. Using wet hands, form the sausagemeat into walnut-sized pieces and place on a sheet of plastic.
Mix together the flour, brown sugar and curry powder and sprinkle over both sides of the sausagemeat. Arrange these over the onion pieces in the baking dish, in one layer.
Top with rest of the onion.
Spread the apples or tomatoes evenly over the sausage and onion layer.
Drain the cooked potatoes and mash them with the butter, pepper and milk. Spread mashed potato evenly over the sausages, swirl or roughen the top attractively, then sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at180°Cfor1 hour.
Notes: If using whole sausages, cut skins lengthwise, then hold under running cold water so the skins will peel off easily. If canned apples seem dry, add ¼-½ cup of fruit juice, wine or beer.:-))

bo0tsey, Nov 2, 9:46pm
Yeah it probably is!

I must have been keen to use sausage meat lol

Thanx guys

6gjvshyn, Jul 13, 8:10am
As far as WE ALL know, this video is chef John's, not yours, so WE are allowed by HIM to ask whtevaer valid question we need to do in order to FOLLOW his direction. Why don't you take your asshole to a territory with no owner? THEN you can be the owner and the video star at the same time, as it's clear that all you are wanting is attention. Oh yes, and THEN we could feel happy here, without your unpleasant presence

ezq6gek5vsvq, Jul 14, 9:50am
I take turkey smoke sgsuaae slice it into chunks then take assorted veggies squash zuchinni onion broccoli really whatever you like and make a foil pack and bake it in the oven for 30-45 mins on 350 .I usually season the veggies with some mrs dash or lemon pepper.