Dutch Apple Pie recipe please

chesty1, May 5, 8:17pm
Hi is anyone willing to share a dutch apple pie recipe or something similar? Ta

cookessentials, May 5, 10:02pm
http://dutchfood. about.com/od/breadspastriescookies/r/AppleP
ie.htmI dont have one on me and it is quite alot to cut and paste, but if you take a look at the Dutch food site above, you will see quite a tasty recipe there. If you want a recipe for a speculaa spice mix, go to the spicy biscuit thread which i shall bump up for you and there is a recipe for the spice mix there.

hezwez, May 5, 10:02pm
From Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking
Apple Crumb Pie
6 tart apples
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 teasp cinnamon
pastry for a 9" shell
Peel apples and cut into thick slices. Mix half the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Put into uncooked pastry shell. Blend the flour, remaining sugar and the butter and work into small crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the apples. Bake in hot oven for ten mins (220) then reduce to moderate (180) for 35 minutes more. Serve with cheese.
Serves 4

hezwez, May 5, 10:03pm
Divine Dutch Apple Cake (contributed by bluetigerr) Prep 20min
Cook 90min
4 eggs
50g caster sugar
2tbsp lemon juice
1tbsp grated lemon zest
150g granulated sugar
250ml sunflower or light olive oil
250g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp mixed spice
750g tart cooking apples
50g flaked almonds
METHOD
Heat the oven to 170C/Gas 3. Beat the eggs with the caster sugar for 5 min until fine and pale. Mix the lemon juice, lemon zest and 100g of granulated sugar and add to the egg mixture, beating well. Add the oil, beating until incorporated. Sift in flour, baking powder and mixed spice, folding in well. Peel apples, quarter, core and slice.
Scrape half the batter into a deep-sided 23cm greased baking tin and scatter with half the sliced apples. Spoon in remaining batter, cover with remaining apples, and scatter with rest of 50g sugar and flaked almonds. Bake for 1½ hours, then turn off heat, partly open the door, and leave to cool in the oven.

hezwez, May 5, 10:06pm
I also have a recipe for Apple Butter Pie if you'd like it from the Pennysylvania Dutch Cooking Book.

indy95, May 5, 11:26pm
Yes please hezwez, I would like that recipe when you have the time to post it.

hezwez, May 6, 3:10am
Here we go indy95:
Apple Butter Pie
1/2 cup apple butter (I googled, it's like a thicker, spicy apple sauce)
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
one and a half tblsp cornstarch
1 teasp cinnamon
2 cups milk
pastry for a 9" crust and strips for the top
Combine apple butter, beaten eggs, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon, and mix well. Add the milk to the mixture gradually and blend well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Top with 'lattice' made from 1/2" wide strips of crust. Bake at 180 for 35 minutes.

indy95, May 6, 5:50am
Thank you for taking the time to post it.

grannypam, May 6, 5:52am
awww why did I forget to buy some more apples yesterday. .

those recipes have the salivary glands tingling. . lol

elliehen, Apr 5, 7:04pm
MARIANNE'S DUTCH CAKE (from a friend's Dutch neighbour)
Sift together 500gm flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 250gm sugar
Grate in 250gm butter
Crumble, do NOT knead
Add 2 lightly beaten eggs
Mix minimally
Grease a 24 cm cake tin
Press lightly 2/3 dough on base and sides

Make custard:
Mix 1 egg, 1 heaped Tblsp sugar, 2 heaped Tblsp custard powder and a little from 2 cups of milk
Heat rest of milk. Pour part into egg mixture, then pour all back into pot of milk and bring to boil while stirring

Cool a little before putting on base
Then put on 1 & 1/2 cups cooked apple & cinnamon with a few sultanas
Cover with rest of crumbly dough
Bake 180* 40-60 mins