**Apple Pie Recipe Please**

sandhu, Aug 4, 8:03am
I had a good pastry recipe but have lost it when moving.

pickles7, Aug 4, 10:50am
Apple Pie

cream
250 grams of butter
3/4 cup of white sugar
add
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
grated rind of 1 orange
fold in 2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
chill, until firm
remove 3/4 of the pastry knead it roll out and line a deep ring tin.
Fill with pre cooked and sweetened apples, thickened and at room temp.
Take the remaining pastry, kneed it and roll to fit on top.
Pinch the edge, use a pr. of scissors to cut a few holes on top.
Milk the top. sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 175 deg.

pickles7, Aug 4, 10:53am
You can use this pastry too for apple pies.

Pie pastry , sweet or savoury

3 cups of plain flour,
1 & 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
12 Oz's of vegetable fat, chopped up small.
mix with
1 & 1/2 cups of milk with 3 teaspoons of vinegar added.
roll out to approx 40 x 80 cm oblong. , give 4 or 5 book folds. , You can still just see little bits of fat, that is OK., rest in the fridge for 45 minutes.

pickles7, Aug 4, 10:56am
This is like a shortcake pastry.

sweet pastry and tin glide

great for all cake slices, and tarts
cream
450 grams butter, and sugar.
add
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, 1 at a time.
sift and add
900 grams of flour with
4 tsp baking powder and add.
Chill pastry well.
knead roll and use a quater at a time.
This pastry freezes well, raw or cooked.

tin glide
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.

pickles7, Aug 17, 12:52am
Did you find your good pastry recipe ?. sandhu.

pickles7, Aug 29, 7:53am
bumping for the Apple pie

sandhu, Aug 29, 8:02am
I found my pastry recipe for my apple pie,but thanks for your help pickles7

sarahb5, Aug 29, 8:25am
I just make basic shortcrust - 1/2 fat (usually half butter, half cremelta) to plain flour, never add sugar to it as the apples are sweet enough and I like to keep things simple

rozke, Aug 29, 11:13am
l will have to find the recipe that came with the apple pie l won for a school prize lt had icing sugar in it not too sweet with the apple and blackberry it was just right Cheers

sarahb5, Aug 29, 11:57am
I've totally lost my sweet tooth since losing weight so I'm finding what used to be just sweet enough is now just too much - shame for the rest of my family though

pickles7, Aug 29, 11:31pm
Grate frozen pastry on the top looks nice. Dust it down with icing sugar and serve it with unsweetened whipped cream. I never sweeten cream, a few drops of vanilla is all it gets now.
I freeze pastry that I have over for that reason, nice grated over lots of fillings.

buzzy110, Aug 31, 3:52am
Can you please post your pastry recipe?

cookessentials, Sep 3, 10:35pm
If you want something really tasty, try the deep dish apple, sour cream and nutmeg pie. I have made it a few times now and it is a firm favourite when we have guests.

4 Granny Smith Apples ( about 750g in total)
2 eggs
100g caster sugar plus extra to sprinkle
1 tbsp. plain flour
300g sour cream
1/4 whole nutmeg, finely grated
Crème fraiche to serve

PASTRY

260g plain flour
75g self raising flour
185g chilled, unsalted butter, cubed
75g caster sugar
1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp. water
1tbsp milk

For the pastry, sift the flours and a pinch of salt into a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sugar. Add the egg mixture and mix with round bladed knife until mixture comes together. Shape into a smooth ball. Divide into two pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins.
Roll out the larger pastry ball on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick and use to line a lightly greased 23 x 4cm deep loose bottom tart pan. Trim edges and chill 20-30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line pastry case with baking paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for ten minutes. remove the weights and paper and return to oven for 10 mins until lightly golden. Cool slightly. Loosen from the pan to make it easier to remove later. Peel, core and cut the apples into 2cm thick slices. Whisk the eggs, sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk in the sour cream and nutmeg. Place layer of apple over base of pastry case, then cover with a little cream mixture. Repeat until case is filled. Roll out remaining pastry to a 3mm disc. Brush edge of pastry case with water, cover with pastry disc and press edges to seal. Cut a slit in the top. Bake for one hour. Set aside for half an hour to cool. Remove from pan, sprinkle with sugar and serve warm with crème fraiche.
Courtesy Delicious Magazine.

pickles7, Sep 4, 9:54pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2-rceqfaM

Saddened me greatly, this vidio. Happy Thanksgiving.

bev00, Sep 5, 11:17am
for apple pie / tart lovers

mooshiesmum, Sep 5, 8:44pm
I love my apple shortcake recipe - that can easily be made in a pie dish - it is so easy - I'm sure similar recipes to the above :-)

http://justamumnz.com/2014/03/19/grandmas-recipe-apple-shortcake/

bev00, Nov 10, 6:20pm
always a fave //