Can I roast

thatkiwidude, Oct 31, 5:57am
corned silverside or not?

thatkiwidude, Oct 31, 6:04am
I'm trying it anyhow.

beaker59, Oct 31, 6:09am
my grandmother used to regularly get the corned mixed up with the bolar and end up roasting some a few times a tad salty but otherwise quite nice. Wouldn't do it by choice mind you.

nik12, Oct 31, 6:10am
Why would you lol?
Let us know what it's like though ;-)

gardie, Oct 31, 6:11am
Nooo - It needs the water to dilute the salt!Good luck though, if you've already got it in the oven.

thatkiwidude, Oct 31, 6:12am
Have got Kumara and baby carrots in there pre boiled so thought I'd chuck the meat in to see what happens.

thatkiwidude, Oct 31, 6:13am
I'll eat it even if it taste's like rubber lol!

cazza29, Oct 31, 7:19am
ive cooked it a few times roasted as it got muddled up, and it was not too bad i must admit, well ive had worse!!!

esther-anne, Oct 31, 8:11am
I'm so hanging out for a roast of some sort - almost driven to trying that lol!!

The cheapest leg of lamb in my supermarket today was $42-no topside roast beef cheaper than $22.

As superannuitants we are looking at going vegetarian-and that's a joke too with cauli's at $4.98!

And before anyone says go to a greengrocer-I wish!!We live on Waiheke Island where the local supermarket is cheaper than the one greengrocer-who would have thought??

Our fault we are living here of course - an expensive place to live - we will remedy that soon though!!

thatkiwidude, Jul 5, 3:59pm
It was YUMMY!
Even put gravy on it,didn't even boil the jug,just hot tap water!