Roast Capsicums filled with Risotto & Fresh Herbs

tommydog, Feb 4, 4:08am
This is a great recipe to use at the time of the year, so I thought I'd share it out. Makes a great lunch dish or a light dinner.Serves 6

2tbs Olive Oil
20g Butter
1 large onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1&half cups of arborio rice
3&1/3 cups vege stock
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
1/4 cup currants
1/2 cup italian parsely roughly chopped.
1/2 cup basil leaves roughly chopped.
6 capsicums Red and Yellow or Just the one colour
1/4 cup olive oil extra
Basil Pesto.

Preheat oven to 180oc.
Heat Oil and butter in a heavy based ovenproof baking dish over medium heat.When butter has melted and is sizzling add onion and cook until soft but not brown.Add garlic and cook 1 minute.Add rice to onion mixture and stir until combined.Add stock and bring to the boil.Cover and place in oven.Cook for 20 minutes.

Add parmesan, pinenuts, and currants to risotto.Stir until combined and cheese melts.Cool.Stirl parsely and basil into risotto.Cut Capsicum in half lenghtways, and remove seeds.Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.Place capsicum halves into pan.Spoon rice mixture into capsicum shells.Drizzle with extra oil.Bake for 30 mintues or until capsicum is soft and rice top is golden. Top the capsicum with the Basil pesto.

jaydan1, Feb 4, 7:00am
Thank-you, sounds delish. Though I would by pass the currants.

tommydog, Feb 5, 12:49am
I use Sultanas soak them in water first to pump them up then drain off the water.Do use them as it really makes the recipe.The rice on its own is really nice as well.Its the easiest way to make risotto as you don't have to stir it for ages just pop it in the oven and forget and it comes out perfect everytime.

dreamers, Mar 23, 4:44pm
Another easy one for thelong sweet peppers is to stuff them with Feta and roast, very easy and yummy