BREAD

manda75, Feb 26, 12:52am
Hi
does any one have a simple recipe for making a nice bread? ?
that is relatively simple for a first time break maker. . (using breadmaker machine)

thanks

harrislucinda, Feb 26, 1:07am
basicfor1. 5lbin thisorderinmachine310mlswater2tlbspoil2tspsalt2tlbspsugar450grmsflour2tlbspmilk powder11/4tspbakingyeastredlid
putsettingonyourchoiceofcrustpressstart

manda75, Feb 26, 1:16am
would it matter it i use bread yeast?

harrislucinda, Feb 26, 6:47am
breadyeastisthesamebutdontusegranules

korbo, Feb 26, 8:54am
another breadmaker here, 300ml warm water, 2 tblsp oil, 2 teasp sugar, 1. /2 teaspn salt, 3 cups flour, 2 tblespn milk powder or fresh milk, 3 teaspn yeast (in red lid jar). put all in breadmaker in that order and just press your selected colour and start.
gave this out a few threads back, and the results were good.

zachana, Feb 27, 4:59am
A really easy bread that we use in the breadmaker is 1. 5 cups luke warm water, 4 cups flour, 1. 5 tsp salt and 2. 5 tsp yeast (we always use the Edmonds Surebake which is the red lid). You can cook it completely in the breadmaker but I make the dough in the breadmaker then beat it down and leave to rise again in a pan in a warm place for about 30-60 minutes. I then bake at 180 for about 20-30 minutes. The other thing I have tried recently is putting the bread in a cold oven and letting the warming process to reach cooking temp of 180C help with the second rise, cooking time is about 45-60 minutes from cold oven and I have had good results doing this.

willman, Sep 20, 7:19pm
Has anyone got a good, brown bread recipe ( wholemeal/seeds)recipe for a breadmaker. Thanks.