Advice Please for NON dairy Products.

Page 2 / 2
nfh1, Oct 20, 1:35am
there is a American site www.celiac.com - spelt differently there.

valentino, Oct 20, 2:34am
Yeah, noticed the two spellings hence to make sure on exactly what it is... spelling wise.

Noted too that Auckland university is doing some further studies on celiac disease.

Also good point from uli re use of a tea rather than bread, maybe should had noted wholemeal bread but that too is using grains.

If to be gluten free, then tea is the better option as noted.

Whatever, feverfew will do the trick re maigraines, scientifically proven a 70% strike rate against migraines.

Cheers.

nfh1, Oct 20, 2:47am
I have also heard really good things about feverfew, I tried it but it did not work but I know other people it works really well for.Definitely worth a try I think, you just never know.

orcawhale, Oct 20, 2:59am
the migraine is to do with something else.

the gp visit was for one of the youngsters

hestia, Oct 20, 3:44am
It seems that your GP has not made a firm diagnosis yet, but he has some suspicions as what it may be. Your symptoms may or may not be caused by dairy. If you eliminate dairy, and your symptoms alleviate, then dairy is the problem. If there is not change, then your GP will suggest to eliminate something else.

If your problem really is Coeliac disease, then your GP would have told you to eliminate gluten, but he has not yet done that yet - he is only in the initial stages of diagnosis. Just do what your GP says - he is the one who is following your case.

hestia, Oct 20, 3:45am
Yes, in your case avoid these things, as well as cream.

frances1266, Oct 20, 4:05am
Magnesium is meant to be good for migraine sufferers.

winnie15, Oct 20, 9:45am
I have recently taken all dairy outta my diet including eggs.
I tried 1 tblsp natual unsweetened yogurt this week and definitely can't eat it as i get bowel probs.
Both my kids were lactose intolerant and it seems to have come from me.
I don't really miss dairy now that i can see an improvement in my health.

buzzy110, Oct 21, 2:51am
Beef as dairy. Now that is just about the funniest thing I have heard since this morning when I watch "Mother With Cake" on u-tube and DH and I cried laughing.

Dairy comes from the mammary glands of a female animal, not its meat. Beef does not contain lactose, which is the component that most people have problems with.

frances1266, Jun 15, 5:55pm
Glad you were so amused Buzzy but I have read often that beef can be a problem for those with dairy intolerance.Those experts of course dont have your expertise in food matters.