Best lemon cake recipe

meadze1, Nov 6, 2:30am
I need a dense moist lemon cake recipe, whats your favourite?

campmum, Nov 6, 2:37am
x2
Copied this recipe off this board awhile ago & it is delicious..Made it twice in one day it was so good!! Lemon Sour Cream Cake
125g softened butter, 2tsp grated lemon rind, 1C sugar, 3 eggs, 1C plain flour, 1tsp baking powder and 1/2C sour cream. Beat butter, lemon rind, sugar, eggs until light and fluffy.
Sift flour, baking powder and sour cream into wet mix - fold and mix until smooth. I bake mine at 160 degrees Celsius for 25mins fan bake. Top with a yummy lemon icing or lemon cream cheese icing or just dust with icing sugar. Absolutely moist and beautiful!
(You can use Greek yoghurt if no sour cream)

suie1, Nov 6, 6:54am
x2
Alison Holsts Lemon Yoghurt Cake is the best ever.

kiwigoldie, Nov 6, 9:41am
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
1 3/4 cups sugar (use caster)rind of 2 lemons;2 eggs;1 cup oil (I use sunflower)pinch salt;1 cup plain unsw yoghurt;2-3 tsp lemon juice;2 cups s.r flour. Beat eggs,oilsugar and peel. Add the rest of ingredients in order above. Grease a "bundt" tin (a lovely ring tin with a nice shape inside)and flour it -just throw a spoonful of flour into it and shake it all around so flour coats tin-shake of excess.Bake at 180c for 30 mins or test with skewer till it comes out clean.This cake stays moist for a good week and freezes extremely well.Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Caramel Mud Cake.... 185 grams butter, 150 grams white choc melts, 1-cup brown sugar, 1/3-cup golden syrup, 1-cup milk, 1 & 1/2-cup plain flour, 1/2 cup SR flour, 2 eggs lightly beaten. Combine, butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup, & milk in a medium pan; stir over low heat until choc is melted & sugar dissolved. Pour into large bowl & cool for 15 mins. Whisk in flour & eggs. Pour into 22cm lined tin. Bake 160*C 1hour 10 mins covering with tin foil 1/2 way thru cooking. Stand in pan 30 mins b4 turning out. Ice when cold with Ganache. 250 grams white choc & 1/3 cup thickened cream. Stir over low heat until smooth. Leave Ganache to stand until spreadable consistency

seniorbones, Oct 16, 9:05am
I have just made 'cookessentials' recipe its so easy but it seems to take twice as long to cook than the recipe says. I also make a syrup and pour over the top, which I am just about to do. I have another one which is ruth pretty's,I make for special occasions as it has 5 eggs and they are seperated so it is very light and delicous too.

lynja, Oct 17, 1:34am
just had cookessentials lemon cake for lunch today! drizzled with lemon icing as a birthday cake. it really is a lovely cake. never fails.

fee1965, Oct 17, 5:47am
Yummy Lemon Cake
1 3/4 cup sugar
rind 2 lemons
2 large eggs
1 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yoghurt
2-3 tblsp lemon juice
2 cup self raising flour

grate lemon peel and mix with sugar. Add eggs and oil, whisk together. Add salt, yoghurt and lemon juice mix again. Sift in flour and mix gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
Pour into lined pan /ring pan. Cook on 190 degrees C (180 C fan), with the rack just below the middle.

sold21, Oct 17, 5:50am
1 part lemon, 2 parts cake.

Works like a charm.

lilady, Oct 17, 6:44am
Dumb question but is cookessentials the recipe that was posted by campmum or did you search the listings for it?

elliehen, Oct 17, 9:33am
This is cookessentials' cake:

"Pam's Lemon Yoghurt Cake"
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
grated rind of two lemons
2 eggs
1 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain yoghurt (I use the yoplait Greek)
2-3tsp of lemon juice
2 cups s.r flour
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and rind in lge bowl, add the rest in order above. Butter and flour a bundt tin (a fancy fluted ring tin)
Bake at 180c for 30 mins.Serve cold dusted with icing sugar.

cookessentials, Jun 7, 1:42am
Hi Maureen, what size tin are you using? Did you buy a bundt tin? as this is basically the tin used for the recipe ( being American and all!) the bundt tin is just over 24cm in diameter and reasonably deep. I think it is just over the 30 mins when I do mine