Dinner...

Page 2 / 2
petal1955, Oct 13, 5:14am
Spicy lamb cassderole served with herbed cous cous and crunchy cabbage

rainrain1, Oct 13, 5:15am
Stunning weather here and long may it last. Dinner is a can of sardines and a bean salad :) :) :)

lizab, Oct 13, 7:56pm
was in Hamilton all day yesterday, so last night was a quick and easy sweetcorn bake with fried bacon!! Dunno about tonight's dinner tho - must go and have a rummage in the freezer and hopefully something will catch my eye!

valentino, Oct 13, 9:28pm
Last night, a wee play around....

Firstly Hapuka Steaks with roastees ( Smaller chunks of potatoes covered in herbs & Flour mix etc after a bit of brushed oil then roasted to suit).

But prior to the Hapuka, had butter melted in frypan then added some fresh herbs from the garden mainly fennel and wee bit of few others. Once fish was cooked added toasted finger chunks of homemade bread to soak some of the cooked marinated juices, simply lovely and was demolished before the fish & roastees....

Ended a very nice tasting feast.... not good for the cholesterol though..... Hmmmm, nice though.

indy95, Oct 13, 9:35pm
Ooooh, that sounds really, really good, valentino. Sometimes you just have to ignore the ******* cholesterol !

valentino, Oct 13, 9:50pm
Yeah, agreed, need to enjoy these treats now and then, not to be overdone but yeah, must keep the balance right heh !!! cheers and appreciatedyour thoughts and enjoy these moments.

indy95, Oct 13, 11:40pm
Quite right, valentino. That's my philosophy too.....moderation in all things...except maybe cake, and occasionally top quality ice cream !

fisher, Oct 13, 11:50pm
Valentino... great to see you using herbs like this especially one of my favourites fennel... basting with a herbed butter, the hapuka, gemfish, bass or kingfish chunks is a favourite way for me... slightly underdone to let cook the rest of the way while resting on the plate.. but a great idea to finish off and use up the pan ingredients... maybe croutons mixed into a nice green summer salad with tomatoes, cucumber,etc etc

valentino, May 28, 1:52am
Love croutons mixed in with those summer salads, so guess what will be coming up in the very near future...LOL.

Oh, I've got fennel sprouting up all over the place, especially from last year's planting zone.... heaps of nice, new, very fresh off-shoots plus some sprouting from seeds (same plantings seeds)growing very vigorously..

Cheers